Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Question Will it be possible?

Although it will be a while before I get another puppy, I wonder if I even should. I am afraid that Zoe would be really jealous. She isn't aggressive really, but she jumps on and barks at Makenzie (our 9 year old husky mix) when he is trying to play with Buddy (our 2-3 year old husky rescue) or if there is food. When my sister was pregnant she also couldn't be with all of them at the same time cuz Zoe would snap at Makenzie. She doesn't do this to Buddy, and the only time she does it to other dogs, like Baby (my mom's dog at home) is when there are treats or food involved. And she doesn't actually bite, she just gets in his face and barks.

Is there a way I can get her to stop? She was the only dog for 3 years until Justin moved here this summer with his 2 huskies. And Kenzie was pretty much the only dog until he got Buddy a little over 1 year and a half ago. But Buddy doesn't try to be dominate, he is like a big baby.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Water Junkie

I think you should definitely work with her, and with time and patience she should improve some.

With the right puppy (temperment: submissive and laid back) and introducing of the two, everything should be fine IMO.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

Sorry had to bump.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
I think you should definitely work with her, and with time and patience she should improve some.
She asked "how". That's implicative of her already knowing that she should.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Depends upon the dog really. Smudge arrived July 31st, it's December 8th.. She still hates him. We worked on behaviour with other dogs before he came, after he arrived, spent more time with her, tired her out on consistent basis, figure if she's tired enough she can't be cranky..

It's just her. She's great with dogs who don't live in this house. Because he does, it's not the same to her. She puts up with him, but she's vocal about what a chore that is for her most waking hours.

Wouldn't have known she wasn't going to truly adjust from her behaviour with other dogs.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 12-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Well Zoe doesn't typically get all up in arms about other dogs outside the home and yard. To my knowledge she's never really reacted this way to any other...I don't, off hand, recall any poor experiences from her training classes or anything. It just seems to be makenzie that she has an issue with.

They've also shared the yard now for nearly five months...