Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Active Pup

Little Zoey was, or should I say is getting very adventurous going outside now. It's not much fun getting her in the snow. So tonight I went out there and got her, and put a leash on her. She was so afraid that she didn't want to move. She has never had a leash or a collar for that matter on her. Is this a normal reaction for the 1st time?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

She was probably scared to begin with if you're mad or frustrated that she won't come in, and then you come and grab her. Then when she was scared to begin with, you start to, what, tug her on the leash? Yeah, this is definately a normal reaction, no surprise here.

Why didn't you just pick her up?

I would definately start now putting a collar and leash on her to get her used to it. Start with just a collar, and just leave it on her all the time (unless maybe when she's in her crate, it can get hung on the wires). Once she's comfortable with the collar, you can put her leash on her and just let her drag it around the house for a few days.