Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Show Dog

Default Could this make my dog anxious?

My 17 month old lab/terrier mix has always slept in his cage in the living room at night. My wife and I decided to give our dog a break from that once in a while so we started to let him sleep on our bed on weekends. Lasy night, he was put in his cage after sleeping on our bed Friday and Saturday night. This morning he appeared anxious and he didn't want his favorite treat. After about a half hour, he came around and was his old self again. Is this part time arrangement confusing or upsetting him?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Top Dog

It maybe confusing him a bit. But he will adjust and I would expect very quickly. My dogs all sleep in our beds, but there are times when they have to sleep in their crates on the main floor. Sometimes all of them, just one or two of them. They figure it out and they don't stress or worry.

I expect he'll be fine and start to look forward to weekends.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Why don't you compromise and move his bed into your room and leave the door open, so he can sleep in there, safe and sound and out of the way
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Show Dog

Dizzy, our bedroom is too small to put his cage in but that is a good idea. I wonder if he can lie comfortably in a smaller cage. I'll have to look into that. Thanks.