Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Big Dog

Saffie and Boy sleep downstairs in their own beds or on the couch. They have never been crated. Saffie has never been crated, she had a puppyproof part of the livingroom when she was young. We got Boy as an adult dog, and he slept downstairs from day one.
Sometimes they sleep on the bed with us.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Jerk.

They sleep in my room, mostly on the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Both of ours are on the bed with us (although sometimes Nala goes to her own spot).
Old 12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

Ollie's so cute . I leave my bedroom door open so he could go anywhere , when he starts on my bed and then goes to the floor , I always say "" See you later , sweetie " He's always back in my bed in the morning and never leaves the room during the night .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
swimming upstream

Traveler sleeps on the floor in my bedroom---she has a nice quilt she likes to curl up with. Baxter was sleeping in his own little bed, on the floor--but recently I have let him up on the bed--which seems to work out ok. That way he doesn't want to roam the house and try to get in the garbage can!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Mine both sleep on the bed. Kiba as a pup cried all night, and it broke my heart and I caved and let her in the bed with me. Bad choice cuz she just wanted to play and would end up falling asleep on my head while chewing my hair. Stryder as a pup was crated the longest.. baddest puppy out of the two. As a puppy, I would stick Stryder on the bed to play with Kiba, kept him out of trouble. But he couldnt figure out the bed would end and he'd fall right off. And stupid me would put him back up and he kept falling off. One of the first nights he got to sleep on the bed, I woke up and couldnt find him. He had fallen off the foot down between my bed and a chest, and was just sitting there as quiet as could be waiting for me to rescue him. LOL.

Both are good now, and just sleep on the bed all night long. Sometimes Stryder will get up and sleep on the floor, but he's usually off and on all night. Recently with all the extra blankets on my bed they choose to camp out in front of the window all day. I'm going to get them a dog bed to put on MY bed so they can be extra cozey when keeping watch.

I was fine with a twin bed, but upgraded to a double so that they could have more room. I get 1/3.. they get about 2/3rds.. and they choose to take up my space! LOL.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Lui's never had a crate. In winter and autumn he sleeps in my room/on my bed but in spring and summer he gets to hot and sleeps wherever. He's never slept outside before because we've never had a fully fenced section but he will be in a couple of weeks I think, it's getting SO hot!

That's my gorgeous Samoyed Lui, and the cat, Fluffy Bum (named after the cat in the book Bad Jelly the Witch!)

Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
~Lisa~

Blaze has really never been crated. He was crated for a few nights when I got him, but I couldnt stand the howling he did, so I just let him be free. He was a good puppy and didnt ruin much or use the washroom much int he house. he was house trained really quickly. Since it was summer holidays when i got him so I had tons of time to train him. We dont even have a crate now for hi. I gave it away years ago. he sleeps on my bedroom fllor. He is agaisnt sleeping ont he bed, no matter how much i try to make him. He wont sleep on anything but the cold ground, not even a dog bed.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Last night I took the danes crates down and put them into storage, they just take up too much space. Chloes kennel is still up and she sleeps in there. But the danes are sleeping in the family room now. There's a babygate blocking the hallway and one blocking the way to the living room and kitchen.