Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Show Dog

We have 4 rotweilers and 5 cats in residence here. We also have a 5th rottweiler when we are showing her. All of the dogs are crate trained and can sleep in crates, if need be, but most of the time they each have their own throw blanket on the floor in the bedroom. But sometimes.........
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are his life, his love, and his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion....." Author Unknown
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

Our dogs sleep on their doggie beds in our bedroom. They wake us up promptly at 5:30 every morning to go outside. And they don't know what a weekend is, lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Bored Now.

Thank god he sleeps in bed with me now (since mondayish). We are BOTH much, much happier this way. It's awesome. I'm used to losing feeling in my legs and having uncomfortable places poked or sat upon from having the cats, so it's not a big disruption to my sleeping habits. He's actually MUCH better mannered than the cats about sleeping.. he likes to spoon with me.. either way.. or curl up in the crook of my knee or against my butt, rather than laying on top of my like the cats do. And he doesn't look mortally wounded and stalk away when I shift, he just makes a grumblygroanysigh-noise and shifts his position.

I got to wake up the other day curled in a ball, with him curled around me, resting his face on mine. He fell asleep that way and had a dream.. twitching and growling and chattering his teeth. It was hilarious!

How did I do it? Short version, I yelled at my mom. Long version? He had a crate and his own room, but he hates being alone at night. So he barked. And barked. And barked andbarkedandbarked. My mother wouldn't let me have his crate in my room, and made my life hell if I went in to sleep with him--apparently it's unaceptable if I sleep on a dog bed. I got sick of my parents yelling at me about it and told my mother to stuff it and he was coming with me for the night. He has this idea that my bed is *the* funnest place to pee on, though, so I took him out several times a night till last night, when I stupidly forgot to set my alarm.. but he was fine. And he REALLY had to go (both! ) when we went outside, so I know he was holding it.

Spirit, I hope you get to have Whisper and Hershey sleep with you... there's nothing like it... I love sleeping with the kitties, but having a much more agreeable person to share the bed with who is bigger AND warmer is much more fun! I've actually been able to cut the heat way down upstairs at night for the first time in my life, because I am FINALLY warm... it's such an alien feeling to not be freezing at night.. believe me, I can get used to this, lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

MIne sleep with me and it's time for us to hit the hay..good night all

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Puppy Dog

Both my dogs have the run of the bedroom part of the house, so that's two bedrooms, bathroom, toilet, two lounge areas. They can choose the floor or couch or in Reilly's case, the toilet floor!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Top Dog

I alternate with Dance. Sometimes she's left out and sleeps on or beside my bed, and other times she's in her crate. She's always behaved really well - not very puppy like at all. I just put her in her crate sometimes as otherwise she makes too much noise chewing her bones really early in the morning (3-6am) and I can't sleep well.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Twin 2.0

Both dogs alternate between the couch, their beds and my bed during the night as they will.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Top Dog

My dogs have been sleeping with us in our beds since the days we got them, they were born. Jannah's welping box was on my bed. lol.

I sleep with 5, my mom sleeps with 7.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Top Dog

Mine have a choice as well. They start out in the crates and when I wake up in the morning one is on the dog bed by my bed and the other is in the hallway on a dog bed. It varies who is where. My bedroom is small and hardwood floors. Their crates are in the other bedroom with the doors open (both have primo pads). Sometimes one of them might be in their crate waiting for me to wake up. Right now I'm watching tv downstairs after work and they are choosing to be in their downstairs crates waiting for dinner. There's 2 dog beds they could be on if they wanted. (I have 6 beds & 5 crates and they have free reign)
My dogs were crate trained from the beginning. Wouldn't have it any other way, they love them and choose to be in them. I use kennel aire and vari kennels. They have their preferences. Downstairs Gabbi likes the vari kennel, upstairs she chooses the kennel aire. Biz likes the vari kennel best. Since writing this she has moved to a bed.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Are you dead yet?

Dakota is never crated at night, he sleeps wherever he wants to as long as he keeps his furry butt off the furniture. Dash is crated every night, she's not 100***37; on her house training yet and she still chews inappropriately. I alternate with Eve, sometimes she's locked in her crate and other times she has the option to sleep where she wants. A lot of it depends on her behavior during the day - if she's been acting puppyish and getting into things that day, I keep her in her crate.