Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh, it's *you*

Interesting? A Peruvian Inca Orchid that came into the bookstore I worked at once. VERY shy but very cute! She looked like a little alien!

At shows...I do UKC so I see some rare dogs now and again...but for interesting the Standard Parti Poodles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I'm going to go with the most interesting purebred was for sure the Leonberger. I saw one recently for the first time at an agility event I went to in Northern Virginia. The dog was gorgeous...
I've met a lot of different breeds in person, but I'd have to say Leonberger, too. I met one about 18 months ago at a local pet supply store. Not only was he gorgeous, but he was such a mush, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
...Rarest was an American Water Spaniel; possibly the only one in NJ?...
Well, I know there was one in the Netcong area about 10 years ago. I met it when I was working for my vet.

I've seen a lot of weird mixes over the years. I'd have to say the coolest was the Border Collie/Bichon that was enrolled in the obedience classes I assisted with. Although the GSD/Basset mix that hung out at my sister's first wedding was pretty cool, too.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 PM
and Fozzie B!

The most interesting purebred dog I've ever met was this adorable grizzle & white Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen, named Peabody. He was the one of the cutest, funniest, sweetest dogs imaginable!

The most interesting mix I've ever seen... was probably a Corgi x GSD. He looked exactly like a GSD, just with very short legs. Most Corgi mixes are pretty silly looking... ;D

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Top Dog

I think Afghan hounds which are one of my favorite breeds. They are just so unique looking especially because of how they are groomed. I also saw a Boxer Dalmation mix. Rather odd, Boxer build to a tee but the white with little black spots body like a Dal.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Just try me..

An Alaskan Kee Kai, dont' think I would ever want one, but he was an interesting little guy.

We had a newf GSD cross. He looked almost identical to a leonburger but with the colours reversed.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 PM
We are Home.

Fila, I wasnt lucky enough to touch them since it was at a dog show but i got to be as close as spectators were allowed and i got to watch them in the ring.

and mix hmmmm an APBT and a Black Mouth Cur that a guy had in our hunt club.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
~Lisa~

The most intresting I have ever met is probably the Borzoi. As I am in love with this breed from what I have read. but never met one in person until about 4 months ago. I ran up to the lady at the dog park as she was leaving and asked if it was a borzoi. She was shocked I even knew what one was. BEUTIFUL dog. I would love to own one one day.

Most intresting mix? Umm probably a boston terrier australian shepherd mix. Strangest looking pup. Looks exactly like a boston but with blue eyes and longish curly hair.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
overdogged

spinone. my initial reaction was omg it's a muppet! my follow up reaction was omg i want one! lol. i don't think they're actually a breed i'd be content with, based on this beautiful, sweet, gentle girl, but she does make me drool.

i'd love to meet a thai ridgeback. i find them extremely appealing in pictures.

as far as mixes, there was a really pretty pit bull / shar pei mix at the shelter awhile back.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
spinone. my initial reaction was omg it's a muppet! my follow up reaction was omg i want one! lol...
I met a Spinone at a match quite a few years ago. The guy almost fell over when I asked him if that's what it was.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Hylen's Bodacious Big Boy

Every time we go to our local PetSmart we seem to bump into "Leo," the Neoploitan Mastiff. He's HUGE at 196 lbs. - probably 80 lbs. of that is his head. Leo is a true gentle giant - sweet, saggy and oh so handsome. He makes by Bodi look like a Chihuahua.