Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
just call me Nilly

Default Most interesting breed you've met in person?

Show people could have some really great answers here!

What's the most interesting breed of dog you've met in person and what were your impressions?

Sub-question: what is the most interesting (interesting can be loosley interpreted here) mix you've met in person? What were your impressions?

My answers:

I think the most interesting breed I've met in person would be the Karelian Bear Dog. She (i think it was a she... it was a few years ago) was a really neat dog. Very focused, but pleasant and from what I could tell, a really nice dog. He (the owner) said she was really a "one person dog" but he had a lot of fun with her.

The most interesting mix I'd have to say would be the yorkie x daschsund mix that came in for grooming last week. Funny looking (in the cute way), not really yappy, seemed like a fun little dog. There's also Sierra She's pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
My house is a zoo

Hmm, I'd have to say the most interesting breed was a Dogue de Bordeaux (sp?). He was SO BIG, but had such an awesome personality!

Most interesting mix is probably my Scooter, LOL. Beagle/Sheltie/Coonhound as far as we know.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

The most interesting to me are the several Appenzellers I've met (four). It's a shame they are so uncommon, because they really intrigued me. The size and coat I like, a lot of the benefits of herding dogs (obedience, attention) without quite the drive of a border collie. The ones I've met were a little tough around both dogs and people, though. Not unmanagable, but the type that would require quite a bit of preventative socialization. They are a breed I may look into at some point in the future.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Squishy face

Mine would be the Tibetan Mastiff. I met a female and her son at a dog show. They were pretty laid back, and very into their people. A little aloof with strangers, but I think that's how the breed is supposed to be. They seemed like really cool dogs. Very big and hairy though.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Salty Sea Dog

before i would say the most interesting breed of dog id ever met would have been the irish water spaniel simply due to their interesting look and wonderfull perosnality...

but since getting ruby id honestly have to say the chinese crested is a very interesting and almost strange breed.
they have a gypsy background, developed in africa and then adopting a sailors lifestyle aboard the ships, for a small dog they have alot in such a little package.
they adapt so well to pretty much any lifestyle, and are a mix between sight hound, scent hound, terrier and lap dog all in one dog...they have a truly unique personality (and fun looks) the crestie is definatly NOT what i expected of the breed...

the most interesting mix ive ever met was a mutt of unknown bloodlines, he was stocky and bully like but long like a basset/doxi body...he was adorable in that strange way. lol

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Let it be

I am not too certain on the purebreds. I've found several of them to be interesting to say the least.

Mixes though. My best friend owns a Cocker Spaniel/Dachhund cross. Big long ears, long body, and an afro. She's low to the ground and overall just looks goofy. I also met a Chihuahua/ Dalmation. That was an odd combo.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Walks into Mordor

Mixes have to be the most interesting out there. A friend had a basset/dalmation cross. It was built exactly like a basset, but with the dalmation coat. They nicknamed the dog "tomato worm"! Soo cute.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Mr Poopy

In reverse order: The most interesting (and cute) mix I've ever met was a Basset/Cocker. Softest fur ever and eyes that could melt steel. She looked like a basset with a feathered tail.

Most interesting dog: Either Leonbergers or the Ovcharka. Either one because of the sheer size.

In the minds and hearts of Pharaoh Hounds-serious moments can be dissolved by a good frolicking run with stolen goods.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm going to go with the most interesting purebred was for sure the Leonberger. I saw one recently for the first time at an agility event I went to in Northern Virginia. The dog was gorgeous.

Most interesting mutt... I'm going to go with a bulldog/cocker spaniel mix... I really wish I had a picture of it
Old 11-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

I saw an Alano Español when I went out hiking the other day!!! I was so excited LOL. The guy about had a heart attack when asked if he was an Alano. And he was just as excited as I was that someone actually knew what kind of dog he was LOL. I guess he imported him from Spain when he was just a pup. He was BEAUTIFUL and a total sweetheart! (err..the dog of course..not the guy )

Most interesting mix was a mutt. He had short basset hound type legs, huge ears, with a fat wide merle and white body..he was..interesting..to say the least lol.