Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Active Pup

Well I have been thinking about changing Charlies diet but I just figured he was too young. But now that Im becoming a little more enlightend I know Im going to. He is only six months old now and he has been eating Iams puppy chow since the day I picked him up, its what the store I got him from and the vet recomended. I have been thinking about getting him on a home cooked diet, but Im not sure what to give him or where to read about it. Also I was wondering if I was to start him on a home cooked diet would it become a problem if I alternate between home cooked and kibble? Basicly I just want my dog to be helathy in every part of his body: Immune system, clean teeth, nice shiny coat, ETC.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Are you dead yet?

Well, Ripley has completely disregarded the raw diet in favor of the Innova puppy food that I'm feeding Dakota. **shrug** I figure it can't hurt, Innova's good stuff..
Old 09-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Felurian

Somebody's jealous . . .

I've given up on trying to feed Bimmer the Innova Adult food; Kharma prefers to eat out of his dish, and he's perfectly happy to allow it, so all three of them are eating the Innova Puppy food right now. He's so active that the extra calories certainly aren't an issue, and might even be helping since he burns off calories at such a high rate.