Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default all the ingredients

for a good photo shoot and that is so not what happened. I guess my vision is as screwed up as it was when i started the lyme treatment. I found an old building that was painted bright blue one one side, around the corner the next building was purple as a grape, and the wall after that a brilliant red. I had two dogs, a girl with a long purple sweater and a blue headband. Two rolls of film and a good sunny day. I am so freaking bummed, i got ONE photo that was worth spit, the rest were all slightly out of focus which is not me....
this two week rotation of antibiotics is messing with everything i value, so i sure hope it is working..as it is, this day is a complete do over. THought i would share the one photo that made it through my messed up vision. arrrrgh i am not a happy camper tonight. http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...00&ppuser=2623
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...00&ppuser=2623

since i don't have a digi and live in the old days, that is 10 dollars for 2 rolls of film and another 10 to have both put on a disc... maybe i am just spoiled but i expect better results than this..does it look like a 20 dollar photo to you? sigh. Sure isn't Hyia's Christmas photo for her gg mom. Guess i have a couple more weeks to try again. I hate lyme disease..it isn't just the joint pain which is bad enough especially right now, but the vision is just an insult to injury for an artist. Glasses don't help because it can change from day to day.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 11-25-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Bored Now.

Oh, Smkie, I LOVE them!!! I wish I was that talented.. I know you think they are bad, but I don't.

I like the second one best, though.. you can really see the communication between Hyia and Victor..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

thanks! i am going to have to try again, the colors were so lush..was quite a find. I tried to tell myself that tonight as i looked through them, it isn't like the walls will up and run away. Since they are in a west bottoms Sunday is the only day we can go down there without running into a lot of people i don't want to take a child around. I just so had my hopes up. The purple wall with the sweater were awesome and fuzzy. I had this problem when i first started the antibiotic treatments, but it had been better until the doc started the two week cycles then everything got worse, which he says is a good thing. LOts of dead bacteria yuck is what is messing up my eyes. Victor looks like a giraffe. When we first brought him home my daughter named him rubberneck because it seemed his head was craning in all directions all at once.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Bored Now.

LOL he may have a long neck, but it's quite graceful. That's something he and Middie have in common, though I don't think my little monster has a neck anywhere near the length of Victor's.. lol!

Maybe give it a bit.. the bacteria should filter out of your system and then your vision will get better, right? Or you could stand at a set distance away from the wall and focus on it, have Hyia check for you to make sure it's well-focused, and then for her and Vic to pose. Sometimes when I'm not sure of what I'm seeing that's what I do.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

that is what the doc said...i sure hope so. I have done the sculpture thing to fill in for my painting and drawing, I miss it so much. My photography is real personal tho, and i don't like anything messing with it, i can't stand auto focus cameras, i am not a control freak until it comes to my art. Here is the purple wall...has loads of possiblities. Hyia was very stiff on me the last two times i tried to photograph her and i was getting frustrated so i told her next time, she picks the outfits, and to practice smiling and posing in the mirror, then i will let her chose the poses and i will shut up and take the pics. SHe said that's a deal.
the purple wall http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...00&ppuser=2623

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Bored Now.

LOL you have quite the diva on your hands, huh?

I wish you lived near me.. I'd happily let you play around with mine. I've never focused a camera on my own before it, I only had auto focuses, but I've come to love it and don't know what I'd do without it. It's not much for action shots, though. I need to learn how to use the auto-focus.. beginning to wonder if it's effective or if I'm that incapable of following instructions.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

lol i have to focus on something that is about the right distance then wait for Vic or the others to run across the camera field of vision. I tried Renee's autofocus, but it was like trying to read and being dyslexic, i couldn't stand it, it didn't focus on what i wanted it to. I finally gave up.
i forgot about this one...i found a hat i actually like AND look decent in.
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...00&ppuser=2623

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Love my pets

Smkie, I always love your pics. I must say that Hyia is turning into a lovely young lady.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:35 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

not when she shrugs her shoulders up to her ears, sticks her chin on her chest and pushes her belly out and puts a frown on her face...should be interesting to see what poses she comes up with. I really like that purple background...zoomer you should bring sawyer and virgo down, that would make Sawyers fur stand out so nicely...Give Virgo something red, a collar or bandana to add contrast and i think it would be da bomb.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Twin 2.0

Oooh, yes ma'am! Red is Virgo's color anyway, while Sawyer's is blue.

(Psst, I found the manual focus on my camera too...plus the AF...)