Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you dead yet?

Default Furious. *rant*

We keep our dog food in the garage. The unopened bags just lay on the floor and opened bags go into storage bins.

Yesterday I bought a bag of EVO RM for the whole crew (normally, I don't buy Dash, Dakota, Patches and Elway's food but I owe my parents for some grooming stuff they bought me, so yeah. My pocketbook is kinda hurting). I put the bag in the garage, as usual.

About an hour ago I went into the garage and found the food (27lbs of it) GONE, only maybe a pound left, and the bag torn to shreds. The garage door hadn't closed all the way and I'm positive that my neighbor's rotten pack of dogs got into the garage and ate it. They have a pair of Rottweilers, a Pit mix, a Dalmatian and various other big dogs and they're the only ones I could think of that could've eaten 27lbs of dog food in one night.

I'm furious. It's one thing to feed and care for one set of neighbor dogs. Patches and Elway protect our property when they're here and never destroy anything, and we've grown to love them as our own. But I can't stand this pack of dogs, they come onto our property and behave aggressively towards us and our dogs, and then they get into our garage and eat ALL of our dogs' food!

I want to confront these a-hole neighbors of mine so badly, but they always vehemently deny that their dogs do anything wrong (or that they even get out of the yard at all). I have no proof that their dogs did it, except for the fact that they're the only pack big enough to eat all that food. Coyotes could've gotten in there, but I would've heard about that from Patches for sure.

I'm just pissed. Now the extra $52 that I was going to spend on Christmas gifts is going towards another bag of food. To some of you it might not be a big deal but $50 is a lot of money for a broke, unemployed high school student.

Gah. I hate irresponsible dog owners.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

$52 isn't chump change no matter how much you make. All I can think of, if you can't secure the garage, is to get an extra bin and lock your food in there . . . because if you can't catch the dogs at it, and take pictures, then you'll never convince people like that there's a problem.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Are you dead yet?

I think I'm just going to get one of those heavy duty garbage cans and put the unopened bags of food in there. This is the first time we've had this issue but ooooh I'm just so ANGRY. I don't blame the dogs at all, they're just dogs.. but I'm so frustrated with these people (and with myself for not double checking to make sure the door closed all the way)
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Twin 2.0

Ah man that sucks! And here I was upset over a couple of pounds of food gone...but a whole bag at once...OUCH!

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Water Junkie

WTH? I dislike with a PASSION irresponsible dog owners.
We have a family that has a "shi tzu mix" and that dog, gah I hate it. It goes from house to house and the owner's do give a darn. I'm about ready to call the pound and don't care if the dog gets PTS. I know that terrible but I've had it, the dog causes SO much trouble it's INSANE. *fumes*

I hope you can talk to the people. Maybe they will have a little commen sense?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Sorry for you !!! I wouldn't accuse their dogs , but would tell your neighbors about the amount that was eaten , I sure would want to know !!! It might not have been them , but that;s alot of food !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Let it be

Have a word with them. You don't have to bring up them probably eating the dog food. Just say that you would rather their dogs not be on your property.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

That much EVO? Think of the GI problems. Hahaha.

It's an expensive joke, but I would love to see the look on their faces when the dogs explode all over their kitchen...
Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

Oh no, the aggressive Rottweilers are at it again. Whats this, like the 100th time they've gotten outta thier yard? Idiot owners.

Arent they the ones that almost attacked your dad in the garage?

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
<--------Orson

I was thinking that too Herschel!

I would be VERY upset but there isn't alot you can do about it

I think the suggestion of a food bin for the unopened bags is a good one!