Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Water Junkie

Default Fleas! Help!

We're having a hard time right now with fleas on the dogs. NOTHING works.

Both dogs have it. I know where they are coming from (field I walkink in -have since stopped though).

We gave Lizzie a Capstar a few days ago which redused her scartching alot, but not totally. I've washed bedding, and am washing her crate bed now.

Both dogs got Fronline Plus no more than 2 weeks ago.

I just gave both dogs a Capstar again.

What do I do? Change Flea and Tick med? If I do that, what do I change it too?

I'm at a total loss, I know of 3/4 other dog owners that are having the same problem.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Someone posted an article or something about fake frontline.... uhhh, I can't remember who it was now. Uhm... I'll try searching!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Here!
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65574

ETA: As for combating them, I would try some natural remedies.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Water Junkie

Hmm, thats interesting. I looked at the Lot Numer and on the Frontline pakage it's C61501AR but on the Bottle's it's C61501. Would that make any difference?

We buy from the vet.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

What about Advantage?

Do you wash everything in HOT water and let it sit in the water for a while?

Have you vacuumed your floors and thrown away the bag?

Worst comes to worst, wash her with liquid Dawn (dish soap) and use a flea comb to comb them out.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

Try Advantage or Advantix instead of Frontline. Also...if she has fleas there is a good chance she has tapeworms now too. Once the fleas are gone then treat for tapes!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Water Junkie

Showpug, the vet didn't say anything about Tapeworm when I talked to him about the dogs having fleas, but I'll look into it.

Herschel, we vacuum atleast 2 times a week and throw away the bag everytime. I don't think I washed the bedding in hot water. I'll try that.

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Lui used to get fleas really bad! Flea shampoo and Frontline Plus is the only thing that works, and treating beds etc as well.

That's my gorgeous Samoyed Lui, and the cat, Fluffy Bum (named after the cat in the book Bad Jelly the Witch!)

Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

Oh Jeez, Milo had a flea crawling on him, too. thankfully not a whole slew of them, but he's still getting a fleabath.

i use frontline...and it works...except for when i forget to put it on him ::smacks self::

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Wishbone got flea before too, Frontline worked on him and mom really worked hard to clean our home to prevent it from coming back, but after few weeks, Wishbone is scratching again.

We worked on flea for Wishbone again as well as cleaning and vacuuming the places and then mom sprinkle flea powder around. We are glad now we controlled it I think.