Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Corgi bum

She is a doll!!! I'm really sad though that she was in that situation. It sounds like she's going to need a ton of work. Chloe was a bit like that when she was a puppy!! It's taken a lot of patience to work with her, and she still has her issues. Poor pup.

Thanks so much Jessie for the summer siggy!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you dead yet?

How very sad. She's very cute but I'm concerned for her too.

Is Ada staying there to help whip her into shape? lol
Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
who's pup is she?
She's my in-law's dog.

Quote:
Didn't you tell me that his mom treated Ada the same way when she was younger? If so maybe try the same tactics you did with Ada so that Dolly learns that it is not a good thing to bite.
She did, but Ada never had this type of aggression. Ada was ornery, but not outright aggressive, and she certainly didn't seek out a dog to fight (like this one does). And i will rarely see this puppy, so I won't have a chance to work with her.

Quote:
Is Ada staying there to help whip her into shape?
She goes after Ada at every opportunity, and Ada is a bit taken aback by it all. I don't think Ada's the one to whip the little dragon into shape, unfortunately...

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Are you dead yet?

Poor Ada! P

That behavior frightens me in puppies.. It's just not natural for them to be aggressive and "braindead" rather than bold and curious. Especially a herding breed.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Let it be

Those eyes hold the hurt of a 190 yearold man who was beaten with a stick everyday of his life. Maybe she'll brighten up? Bandit was a big sad ball of depression when I got him. He still has that aged, saddened look at times but he's also a big goof too. So maybe she's like Bandit... hopefully

Keep saying your advice. Maybe they'll hear it.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Top Dog

That's one broken pup...her eyes say it all deep in that puppy soul. I see fear and anger.

Give her all you can!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
She's my in-law's dog.

She did, but Ada never had this type of aggression. Ada was ornery, but not outright aggressive, and she certainly didn't seek out a dog to fight (like this one does). And i will rarely see this puppy, so I won't have a chance to work with her.

She goes after Ada at every opportunity, and Ada is a bit taken aback by it all. I don't think Ada's the one to whip the little dragon into shape, unfortunately...
Hun to give you hope that was Bandit at that age! He is now a pleasant young gentlemen living with two dogs and could not be happier. Some do grow out of it. Then again I never encouraged that by coddling my dog in those situations. Only time will tell what will happen. Bandit beat the odds stacked up against him. Maybe Dolly can too?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Twin 2.0

i wish your in-laws luck with her and I hope they listen to you at some point, because those are not eyes I want to see on any dog, much less a puppy. Those are hard eyes. She's cute but....
Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 AM
and Fozzie B!

Poor babyyy. She is so adorable, she doesn't deserve to have been so neglected. It sounds like she has an unimaginably horrible past, and a horrible breeder... the behavior issues seem to be inevitable.

Have you recommended they visit a behaviorist? Maybe, for Christmas, you could give them a gift certificate to a good trainer. It seems like it would give her better chances of becoming a well-adjusted adult.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Bored Now.

I think she needs to go to the vet ASAP and be fully evaluated-- x-rays and such as well.

Showpug pretty much said what I was thinking...... (((hugs)))