Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Lord Cynical

How many dogs do you have?
Three - two Dobermans and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what?

Nope, just the dags.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)
They are either in their crates when I'm gone, or the two dobes are loose.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)
All three start out in bed, but Ada sometimes gets banished to her crate due to her mischief, and Ronin usually goes to sleep on his own dog bed by his own choice after awhile.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)
All three are fed right next to each other - different bowls, but all on the same rug in the kitchen. Each has their own bowl though, and they know better than to stick their snozzes in the others' bowls!

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?
Of course!

Did you plan to get this many?

I always knew I wanted more than one dog, but I didn't expect to get #2 (and #3) so soon. Ronin just sort of fell into my lap, and it's been snowballing from there...

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Puddle Duck

How many dogs do you have? Five

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Chickens, Cats, Guinea pigs, hamsters, horse, rat, mouse, Cockateils,fish

Where are your dogs beinging kept? They have free range of the house and yard, but they know their boundaries. They are not allowed in the kitchen or bathroom

How's the sleeping arrangement? The Dachshunds (sadie,bailey,buster and gus) sleep in their dog beds in the bathroom at night, and Lily (labweiler) sleeps in my room on the Footon
How's the feeding arrangement? They eat twice a day from community bowl that is always filled. They have been eating like this for years and do not over eat or gorge themselves till they pop, EVER
Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Maybe in the future, but I highly doubt it

Did you plan to get this many? Not at all. It all kinda just... happened

If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
Old 11-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Let it be

How many dogs do you have? I have three.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Three rats, a horse

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Miley goes in a crate when I am not home with her, Spanky in his room (it's actually the laundry room but don't tell him!), and Bandit goes in my room. ({{THIS MEANS WHEN I AM NOT HOME... if I'm home they are right beside me usually out in the yard goofing off}}})

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) I sleep at the bottom of a dog pile. It tends to go: Me at the bottom, Bandit sleeping on me, Spanky sleeping on Bandit and little Miley plopped on top of the heap.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Eat at specific times all in different rooms with their own dishes. Spanky and Bandit DO NOT get along when food is involved. To avoid fights this is how it has to be done.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? God no! Three is the number I like. If Miley gets a home for Christmas (which would be wicked if it all works out) then in about 5 years if life is going good I'd love to add another dog. If she doesn't and I land up keeping her no more dogs for me.

No. They were all surprises that I did not want. I took in Spanky with the intent on keeping him but the other two came into my home with my goal to rehome them. I gave up on rehoming Bandit last year. Mile... we'll see.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 AM
and Fozzie B!

How many dogs do you have? 2

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Just my Mom's cat, Lola. And a lot of Bettas!

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) In the house... where ever we are, usually.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Both in my room, or if I'm not home, in my sister's room.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, or in the backyard for certain RMBs, twice a day.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Hopefully!

Did you plan to get this many? Yes. I planned for months & months & months!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Top Dog

How many dogs do you have?12

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what?Yes, I have 22 cats,24 rats,6 Syrian hamster (one pregnant),2 dwarf hamsters (1 with babies),4 mice,3 leopard geckos,2 hermit crabs,1 three toed box turtle,1 red eared slider,1 gerbil, and fish (I do rodent rescue..so my numbers increase and decrease randomly all the time)

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)In our current house they are in my moms room and the backyard during the day, at night they are in my moms room and my room. In the new house we are moving in In February, they will have the family room, the upstairs bedrooms (Me and my mom's rooms), and the entire backyard.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)At night 7 are with my mom in her BED, and my 5 are in my room in my bed.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)We free feed. Their feeder is on the floor in my mom's room (in the new house it will be on the floor in the family room near the doors to the backyard).

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?NO way lol. 12 is our limit now. And at some point we won't go over 4-5 again.

Did you plan to get this many?No. When I was younger we always had 2 dogs at a time. And then we got up to 5. Then 2 were killed by a rescue husky, and she was put down putting us at 3. Then we got two more in close proximity of each other bringing us to 5 again. We had 5 for 3 years. Then it got up to 12.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:26 AM
BusterLove

four

yes, 1 other cat, 5 fish and 2 lizards

when we are out Mac and Harry are split up and mixed with the other 2 so they have a partner each, one pair stays out the back, the other pair goes in the garage.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)

Harry/Sophie in the garage. Buster in my bed, Mac in my sisters bed.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)

Each have their own bowl, in their own place especially situated around th egarage to prevent possessiveness or fights

lol probably not, maybe.

no.. mother kept brining blue dogs home! she swore she'd never have another working dog and both the blueboys are the 2 she rescued and brough home

Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Agility freak!

How many dogs do you have? 5

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? I've got 2 rabbits, 2 cats, the five dogs, all in the house, then 10 horses, god knows how many goats, 14 sheep, I think, and that's all.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) During the day, when we are home, all over the house, where ever they want to be. When we're gone, in crates in our "Laundry room" which is mostly the dog room. But Sasha, she's got free roam of the house all day and all night.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) All but Sasha are in crates.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They are free-feeders, and all just share the same water bowl, and food bowl, which are huge, don't worry, no ones lacking food.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yup, sure do... It's just the way I am.

Did you plan to get this many? Nope. When my sheltie died, I said, can I have ONE puppy, mom said "sure! What breed?" and we started looking, when I found Zoey, mom also found Gyp who she loved, so we got both, then somehow Morrie came into the family, then Tinky... All along Sasha's been here since she was born, and isn't going anywheres.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Yum...

2 cats

Whisper my room, in her crate. Hershey utility room.

Whisper my room, crate. Hershey he gets the WHOLE utility room to hisself, no crate needed.

Different areas, Whisper 3 times a day, in her crate or near the water.
Hershey 3 times a day in the utility room. In their bowls, own bowls. (I use the same bowl)

Yes, later on, when I'm out of the house. 1 more possibly, not sure.

No. Hershey was the only one planned.

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
overdogged

How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? 5 cats, 1 elderly rat

Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) when i'm away, luce and mushroom are crated and harv has run of the house. when i'm home, they all have run of the house, though i prefer they stay where i am.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) they all generally sleep with me, though sometimes harv sleeps in the bathroom (especially when it's hot), and every once in awhile, luce'll sleep downstairs on the couch

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) i feed twice a day. luce and mushroom in their crates, harv loose.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? dear god no.

Did you plan to get this many? dogs, yes, though i think two was a better number for me in retrospect. i never planned to have five cats.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:43 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Five. 3 adult bitches, 2 male puppies 15 weeks old

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? no other pets

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Adult dogs have the run of the house. Puppies are carefully supervised either outdoors in a safe fenced area when I am at home, or indoors in their crates, or playing with us/otherdogs/toys/etc.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Adult dogs sleep wherever they like (they all have beds, and rotate among them). Puppies sleep in crates.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Adult dogs eat once per day, near 8 PM. They are crated at feeding time for the few seconds it takes them to eat. Puppies are fed twice per day, 7am and 8pm, with a mid day snack. They are also crated for feeding time.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? That is always possible. Being a breeder, and showing dogs, often means you will have as many as 10+ dogs at a certain times. The population is higher when their is a litter on the ground, and just after when one is growing out puppies and trying to decide who will stay for good. I would not prefer to have more than 6 dogs in permanent residence at any time.

Did you plan to get this many? I do try to keep my numbers at a manageable level so that each dog can get the individual attention it needs, but yes, for many years I have had multiple dogs.