Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Squishy face

Those of you who groomed dogs with maggots in their fur, I do hope you reported the owners to animal control. Here we could call AC and they would come to the shop and see the dog, and then go talk to the owners after they picked the dog up.

I think one of the saddest things I saw while working the reception desk at a grooming shop was a shih tzu with a tumor on his face. His name was Valentino. The tumor was big and lumpy, and he couldn't hardly breathe (it probably obstructed his nasal pathways), and his eyes were messed up. The owner took good care of Valentino, but you could tell he was suffering a lot. He would lie there in the cage wheezing and straining to breathe, he had no quality of life whatsoever. He was eventually put down, but it should have been done a lot sooner than it was.
RIP Valentino.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Show Dog

We once called when we had a shih tzu with maggots in its hair and were told "we'll they are having it groomed now so there is nothing we can do" So basically unless we report it before they bring it in for grooming they can't do anything because by having it groomed they are "correcting" the situation. We DO plan on driving by the newfys owners house in the spring and calling AC though.