Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

Honestly, I can say that one of my dogs died before me, I would probably chow down LOL. It sounds morbid, but if they are already dead, and I was starving, I think the basic instinct of survival would kick in.

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

I don't think any of us know how we would deal with that kind of life and death situation. And I hope that none of us have to find out.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnierhawk0 View Post
Honestly, I can say that one of my dogs died before me, I would probably chow down LOL. It sounds morbid, but if they are already dead, and I was starving, I think the basic instinct of survival would kick in.
To be honest I think I would too. Just like my dogs would do the same to me. Alive, whole different story. I'd never kill my dog because he is my bestfriend. However, dead he is gone and if I was dead he'd eat me. I'd like to say I wouldn't but would.

I do think the boys would out live me though so no worries. They can feast upon my flesh.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Top Dog

If the dog died first I'd eat him. If not and I was getting to the point where i wanted to eat him I'd probably kill myself, then the dog could eat me lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

i couldn't kill yoshi for food i'd starve to death first. if she died first then.. MAYBE. not that she has much that i'd be able to eat.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Corgi bum

No way....never....never....never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Jessie for the summer siggy!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:49 AM
BusterLove

i wouldn't kill my dog to eat it, the same as I wouldn't kill and eat my brother, sister or mother.
However if he did die before be it'd be a complete waste not to eat him then, as gross as that sounds.

"edited because I said "would kill" - typo lol

Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

I never thought about that, but if we did die before them, you know they would have no problem chowing down on us lol.

People do alot of stuff they never would imagine they would do when they are in a crisis situation ( I call starving a crisis!). Like that story about those people on the mountain that like 7 or something went up, 4 came back down and they confessed to eating them or something like that. Its amazing what you can do when you HAVE to. When your not given a choice.

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
My friends, who know how much we adore Zoe and think of her as part of our family asked if we could ever eat Zoe if it were a similar life and death situation. I absolutely would not. I would die of starvation first. My friend contended that hunger would take over and we would probably end up doing it. I realize this is a macabre question- but do you think you could? I still say I'd die first!
I dont know if ever i can do that to my dogs... but you'll never know till you are in that same situation... Hopefully it wont happen to me...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Top Dog

I think it would have to be an extreme situation to have to eat your dogs--humans can live a long time without food--they cannot live a long time without water--that would be most important.

Could you guys drink your urine in order to not die from thirst?

I would--and I would eat the dogs if they already died but would not if they were alive....