Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy2394 View Post
Hey, how did this get stickied?? That was weird.. I went to go see if my post was there and it's up the top... hmmmm..
Someone had sticky fingers

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

LISTEN to Nancy ladies....

Honestly....

Her and I exchanged quite a few pm's before I went into labor and her words really stuck with me during the pushing stage. You won't believe how hard it is to keep your legs out to the side and pull them up to your body during the pushing... your body will be telling you to bring your legs together lol. That was incredibly hard for me. Brian and the nurse had to hold my legs in place for me lol and I almost kicked the Dr... by accident of course.

I also vomited once at the end.... it was just after one of my last exams and I had just had some apple juice before that... lol big mistake but not really a big deal.

As for the walking around.... honestly for me.... that was the LAST thing I wanted to do. I went to the bathroom once and had a contraction while washing my hands and I wanted nothing more than to lie down on the floor and wait it out lol. Being upright was NOT where I wanted to be during a contraction... but that is just me.

My Dr and nurse were GREAT about encouraging me during the pushing stage too.... hubby's coaching was kind of drowned out. In between pushes is when I let out my groans and moans and said "I can't do this anymore" but got right back into pushing..... and NO sound or air came out during the pushing.... REMEMBER THAT... what she says is true. I listened to her advice and I pushed Hannah out in 18 minutes and it wasn't as exhausting as I thought it was going to be. BUT if you can't push the baby out don't be upset.... just be prepared that you may not be able to get the baby out without a c section and try not to be scared.

Good luck ladies

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

When Nash was coming ....the nurses had us hold her knees up and out and let her push on us . Everyone is different ... all I wanted to do was walk around and squat when I had a contraction ....and they wouldn't let me !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Top Dog

I've seen some deliveries where the labor and delivery nurse has had to get up on a chair and lay across the lady's belly to get that baby out... now that of course was during an extreme moment when the baby had to be delivered right then and there.

And yes you do cramp when you start nursing. When you nurse your body produces the natural form of pitocin called oxytosin. Everytime the baby latches on until your uterus shrinks back down to it's normal size you may feel some discomfort at times with nursing.. but it's tolerable.

Walking does precipitate a more speedy delivery because gravity takes over when you are in a standing position. But most of our laboring patients don't get up and walk because they have an IV in and obviously some have epidurals in place. The only time they usually walk is in the very beginning if they walk in and think they're in labor. They'll go send them for a walk and re check their cervix for changes.. if they make a cervical change.. they get to stay.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah the pain I had when breastfeeding afterward was not much worse than period cramps I would say.... definitely tolerable.

LOL as for the walking... yeah I had an IV and I was hooked up to the monitors and stuff to make sure her heartrate was good ... they said witht he low fluid there was an increased risk of the cord wrapping around her.... little did we know the cord was only about a foot and a half long... MAX. But it was quite an ordeal everytime I had to go to the bathroom lol. Which at first was OFTEN since I had an ultrasound that morning and had to drink so much water.... eventually the nurse just showed me how to unplug all my stuff and plug it back in so I wouldn't have to wait for her to come in to "set me free" every 15 minutes lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well. My legs were TIGHTLY crossed when reading that. Yikes.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Squishy22

This thread has been a ton of help!!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
My 3 Blessings!

I agree VERY helpful for the new mommy, like me! I may have to refrence this post until labor time.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Well I actually dreampt I was in labour last night thanks to this thread. Fab. And I'm not even pregnant.....
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
My 3 Blessings!

LOL! Can I be in labor??? Please Please PLEASE!!! LOL!