Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Would you want another?

Just got to thinking about the 'what breed will your next dog be' thread. Anyways, of the breeds you've had which ones would you want to have again?

Labs- I doubt I'd ever go out looking for a lab. Just not my personality. Pete was a neat dog, but was more suited for my father than me.

Golden Retriever/German Shepherd- I doubt I'd get either breed again. Definitely not a golden and I'm really nervous about HD in shepherds these days. I wouldn't say no to a GSD x though....

Shelties- I'm a bit torn on this one. I can't see myself having another for quite a while, but maybe down the road I'd be interested in one again. I've absolutely loved all three that I've had, but there's been some issues we have to work out. The shyness, the grooming and the noise are all big concerns for me.

Papillons- the only breed I can definitely say I will go out looking for more in the future. I just can't get enough of them and their personality just goes so well with me. Can't find a more dynamic personality in a breed.

I mean I'd take any dog, but even though I've loved all my dogs I know I wouldn't go out looking for certain breeds again.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
We are Home.

APBT- DEFINATLY
Greyhound- maybe when i get to old to have a different type
Havanese- no they are more for my mom then me.
Saint- No again more my mom then me
Anatolian Shepard- YES
Treeing Walker Coonhound- YES

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

Shar-Pei- No, Max was mix and was not socially like this breed in him. I don't really like aloof dogs. I also could never deal with the skin up keep.

Great Dane- No, once again this was just what was in Max, and although I really like their personality I think they are too big for me, I prefer 40-80 pound dogs.

Those are the only two I'm pretty sure were in Max.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Twin 2.0

Aussies: Definitely!
Labs: Probably not. At least I won't go out looking for one, but if one finds me, we'll see.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
swimming upstream

I love my lab...and would have another (although not from puppyhood at this point). I know my husband would take another lab.
Beagle...yep! LOVE the hounds.....
spaniel --not so sure on this one, but she was a mix, and a rescue dog with "issues"--LOL! So I'm not sure Libby was the finest example of a spaniel, and I dont' really have experience otherwise with them.
English Setter (had one growing up)--yep, she was a great dog--and the setter's I have known have been great family dogs.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Agility freak!

Sheltie - if one found me, sure, but I don't think I'd go looking for one, I would want it to be to much like Tootise, and it would only hurt me and the dog.

Great Dane - Once again, because Sasha was one of my first dogs, probablu not, I love the breed, but I'd want the new one to be just like Sasha.

Mini Aussie/ or aussie. - Maybe... Depending on the situation... But not anytime soon.

Dober Man (we had one when I was youger) - Nope. I liked the one we had okay, but it's more a breed for my sister than me.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

Lab-definetly would. Love the breed, very intelligent.

Border Collie-definetly would. Again, love the breed and they are so intelligent.

I have only had Sadie that is mine. But at some point I wouldn't mind a Sheltie, they are so cute and I really love their look.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

lab- abousoulty YES YES YES i love the breed they are smart, protective and very lovable, no matter how old they get, they think they are PUPS

Border collies- again YES YES YES, they are cute cuddly at any stage

dauchounds ( Hot dog dogs LOL)- most definitly YES, i had one since i was 2 months old and we had to put her down when i was 16 human years old ( that would be ? in dog years) and i was soooo sad . but, i know she is in a much better place

as for any breed i have had soo many i would love to have them all again!! :

Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Gone to the dawgs

What breed would I have again? I've only had one purebred & yes I'd take a whole house full of 'em. I love Papillons.

My heart girl was a GSD & something else. Besides her shedding like a banshee I would take another GSD in a second but I think I'm more suited for Paps & their disposition.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Water Junkie

Standard Poodle: No.

Golden Retriever: Yes

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l