Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Water Junkie

Lizzie would last as long as she could without me. Let's just say, she starts crying at night if I am not here.

Other than that, she'd probably last a long time. She's smart and knows how to figure things out on her own. She could catch her own food (thats been proven), and would find shelter when needed.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Felurian

Bimmer and Kharma would pack together and work, live and hunt together like they do now. They'd mourn for a bit, but as long as they're together they're fine. And they can hunt for themselves and defend themselves and each other just as they do now.

Neither one of them require the amount of food you'd expect dogs their size to need, and I'd imagine they would soon assemble a pack that functioned similarly to a wolf pack.

Not to mention Bimmer would be overjoyed to get a chance to breed Kharma . . . . they'd be funny looking puppies, but talk about something born and bred to thrive in a non-domestic situation!

They'd also completely take over the bed

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Bored Now.

Er.. He'd die. He's too goofy, and all he wants to do is play. He'd try to play with some dog who didn't want to get played with and be injured. He certainly has enough coat to survive and he can scavenge.. but his favorite things in life are playing and chasing things. Not too sure if he'd figure out how to hunt.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Are you dead yet?

I think Eve would wait for me until she died, even though I hope she'd eventually let me go and try to hunt for food.

Dakota would survive as long as there was food available to hunt, but his downfall would probably be his ego. He'd try to take on larger predators or prey, and wind up getting injured because he doesn't know when to quit.

Dash is just a baby. I don't think she'd last a day on her own without another dog to guide her.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Winston would survive until winter. Maybe not very well, but he'd make it.

Morgan's afraid of her own shadow and wouldn't make it even 20mins on her own, I'm sure.

Dance would have a pretty good chance once she "forgot" about me. She thrives on human companionship, but I think she'd figure out pretty quickly how to survive on her own if she really had to. She's very much a thinker and a problem solver and wouldn't have much of an issue getting her own food at all. As far as shelter went, in the winter she'd probably dig herself a gigantic hole in the snow and live there for a while.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
totally normal

Kena would survive. He's got a coat that repels moisture and that thickens up nicely in the winter. He loves being outside. No amount or rain or snow bothers him. He even tolerates the heat. He loves to sunbathe in the summer!
He's very good at snapping up small critters. He hunts and stalks for fun. I've never let him eat anything he's killed, but I'm sure he'd love to.
He's fast,fit and agile. He gets on well with other dogs. He easily makes 'friends' and is able to identify which dogs to stay away from and he's very good at staying out of fights.
He'd make it, but he would certainly miss me though.

Mochi would be toast. He's heavy, kinda dumb, lazy and cranky. I'm sure he'd mess with the wrong dog over something stupid and get himself murdalized. LOL. This dog sleeps in 'til noon and hides when I get his harness out! So... having to work and fend for himself would be his worst nightmare.

I don't know about Tiku. She acts tough, but she's a big sissy cry baby. I don't think she'd be able to sustain herself.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Puppy Dog

Dodger would survive no problem but I doubt he would ever join a pack (which is odd considering his breed LOL). Aside from being able to hunt anything, his coat repels water and he thrives in -40! He problem solves all the time and has never relied on me for help (I pretty much follow his lead outdoors)... Reverting to the wild wouldn't be hard for Dodger after recovering from the loss of duvets, cushions and garbage day (scavenging fest)
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Puddle Duck

Sadie would do great. Although she is very old, she is an amazing hunter and does not let ANY one push her around. Bailey would probally do ok. Buster would be ok. Gus would die. Within two days, I'm sure. He such a scaredy cat. Lily would probally do ok for herself. She's still young so she could revert back to her wild side. She has a very strong hunting drive and is very good at it. If she werent spayed she would be an amazing mother.

If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing a morning golden & true
I would make this day last for all time
then fill the night deep with moonshine
Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 PM
and Spy.

I think both my dogs would die.

Tucker has the coat and general smarts to survive on his own. For the most part he knows when to dominate and back down. Thing is, I KNOW he will chase down prey but he has yet to catch/kill/devour. Whether he would figure it out or not I am unsure.

Spy doesn't have the right coat. He'd be okay till dead winter when the extreme's came into play. He'd figure stuff out and is cautious enough to play it safe but not too cautious that he couldn't figure out what to do. He doesn't have a very high prey drive. He'd be much more likely to stalk or try and play with another animal as opposed to actually catch kill and devour it.

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

I think all of mine would be gone in a matter of weeks. They are way too dependant on me for all their needs. They wouldn't be able to find, or catch food..and they couldn't survive the elements. (They sleep curled up in my bed, under the covers).