Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Felurian

Mine don't really chase. They stalk, hunt and eat. That's their nature and it's something I had to learn to come to terms with, and that became a great deal easier when I compared it to how WE get our food . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

"I let my dogs chase cats"

"Birds - absolutely. I dislike birds,"

"Only if there isn't a road around and it's bunnies or squirrels. Cats are a no because I know too many people with cats that we visit and I will most likely be bringing a cat home in the spring."

"Ground squirrels, jackrabbits, lizards, etc are ok for them to chase. .......NO cats ever since I have a cat and have strict rules for dog behavior around the car."

"I let my guys chase anything that comes into our yard (cats, birds, rodents) except for toads"

"I had a friend come over to our house with her dog who happened to chase our cat around the house. The owner thought it was funny though I did not, poor Nemo. I wonder if she would have laughed as much if my cat decided to scratch back....humm!"

"Any other small game though, squirrels, rabbits, birds, etc., is fair game though. Since I am trying to get her to tree/retrieve/flush out animals, I let her do as she pleases when she goes after something. As long as she comes back and as long as they aren't amphibian, I'm all cool with it. I actually encourage it!"

"If it is a larger dog chasing my dog down, hell yeah I'll bitch, because a large dog (or any dog for that matter) should not be loose in the first place. My dog is a small dog, she is easy to catch. Is it so easy to catch a big dog at large? Plus my dog wouldn't have a CHANCE at a bigger dog. she'd be ripped to bits."

"My dog chasing after a rabbit under my supervision is far different than a dog at large or out of control, chasing after my pet. I don't let my dogs chase other people's pets, and they know the difference between pet rabbits (which never run loose around our property, anyway) and ones that are fair game for chasing."

"That's their nature and it's something I had to learn to come to terms with, and that became a great deal easier when I compared it to how WE get our food . . ."

Oh I get it now - it's okay if you can personally justify it.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
We are Home.

Notice how everyone said no cats which would be pets. Most of the animals mentioned were rodents, pests or birds. . No one said a thing about dogs or cats except that its not allowed. Why dont you open your eyes and relize dogs have the chase and hunt instinct so why not let them on animals that can get away. And if you want to test the fact that they dont love it get between my pit and a hog or my coonhound mix and a coon i doubt youd stand there long

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Felurian

Do YOU eat any commercially produced meat? Or any meat at all? Wear leather?

My dogs eat what they kill. I don't have to justify it. It just is. Tell the wolf to justify its life. Tell the lion. The insect eating bird. The hawk.

Eat plants? Something dies for you to eat.

Feed your dog any kind of meat at all? Can you justify that by your own standards with which you're so quick to condemn others?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 PM
We are Home.

^^^^^^^^ so true.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Maybe we should let all the dogs in the shelters out and let these natural hunters chase them down and eat them.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Felurian

Sounds like someone's been sending in their PETA membership dues

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Feelin' Froggy? Jump!

^^^^ priceless.

Its one thing to chase wild critters away, but another to compare it with large dogs chasing other dogs/humans down the street.

Chasing rabbits/birds ect is a clear cut example of what we people with dog sence call HUNTING/PREY INSTINCT. Its only NATURAL that a dog have some sort of instinct because lets not forget that our loving fido did desend from the wolf. The wolf didnt go to the grocery store and buy some Eukanuba. They had to hunt for thier food. If they didnt hunt, they died, if they died, the earth would be over run with what the wolf USE to eat. Thus the food chain is all screwed up, and the natural balance is out of whack.

Nothing about chasing other dogs/humans is natural.

"Friendship is like someone peeing on you, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings"

"Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out of it alive"

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, "never try" ."
Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Are you dead yet?

I bow to your infallible logic, Island Dog.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

People Eating Tasty Animals