Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
The only EXTREME humpers I have seen were unaltered males. Too the point that semen would drip out of their penis and get everywhere. Its more of a sexual thing in some cases. Yuck. I have had a few male dogs, and they NEVER humped, but they were also neutered.
Interesting how we all see different circumstances. The most extreme humpers I have seen were small neutered males... I have also seen a couple extreme humpers that were unaltered females (maybe due to dominance).

The intact males seem to "know" when to hump and when not to. So it never seems to be a habit or ongoing problem.

But don't get me wrong, for the majority of owners and dogs... Neutering is the most humane way of life.!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
~Lisa~

My dog is not a humper at all. Not int he leats bit with iteams, people, or other dogs male or female.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
totally normal

Mochi humps a little, sometimes. Usually he does it in a playful way to some of his 'buddies' that he sees a lot, and they take turns humping each other. (boys... ) Most of the time doesn't really hump, he usually spends more time getting himself on there, and then doesn't even bother. He does this with pillows and blankets too. He gets his position just right, and then loses interest.

There's one or two dogs that he will try to hump over and over again. I don't let him. It's soo annoying when he tries to hump! Erg!

He never humps any of my other dogs though. Only a few select dogs.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Oddly enough when raising Goldens I never had humpers unless it was the females . None were neutered and all lived together .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-13-2007, 12:45 AM
and Fozzie B!

The only time my boys hump each other is during play, and neither of them seem bothered at all by the other. I do call them names and mock them when they do it, though. Cx

Neither has ever humped other dogs. Weell, Gonzo has only humped one dog, and that's his girlfriend, Giselle. She's a hawt Greyhound... who could blame him? hehe

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Big Dog

I don't tolerate humping at all. Dante hasn't humped other dogs, only a big stuffed dog toy but he stopped that fairly quickly after I corrected it a few times. He doesn't even try anymore. I've seen more females than males hump but there's really only been two that were excessive about it and wouldn't stop when told. One was a little bichon female and the other an unaltered male springer spaniel.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Sarama is an (As yet) unaltered female (we're coming up on the waiting list next month . . . hurray!!) and she is absolutely not allowed to hump. With her its a dominance thing (she's only tried it once on a person) and it is not allowed. No dominance displays on humans, not at all, ever. Period.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:01 AM
coonhound crazy

Neither of my guys has ever tried to hump an inanimate object or a person. Other dogs is another story but that is all about context. It's a play thing between them and they take turns. Marlowe does it to get attention from Conrad to solicit for play (and it usually works). Conrad is a bit of a humper with other dogs--he sees it as part of play. His play style is very wrestle/box oriented and part of that is getting up on another dog, having the other dog swing around and start to wrestle. He does it too. If another dog gets up on him, he lets them hump for a second, then swings around, play bows, and they're off. He thinks it's a laugh riot.

With dogs they don't know well (like at the dog park) I play it by ear. Conrad is usually very good about taking a scolding from another dog if he misjudges their willingness to play that way. But I can usually tell dogs for whom the scolding will more take the form of a reaming and I direct Conrad away from play with them. Marlowe rarely humps dogs he does not know--he reserves that priviledge for Conrad.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
<3 mes deux filles <3

Well, I have little dogs and out of the 3, all neutered by the by, only one will on occasion try to hump and she's the female. My male, Boomer, never had the desire to hump. Kassie on the other hand will try to hump and will stops after I tell her "No" and she's the only one I'd consider the dominant one in the group. It's not an obsessive thing, it rarely happens. She normally does it when she gets excited, on another dog not an inanimate object, such as when the dogs begin to play and I don't let her do it due to the same reasons as others have stated, it will sometimes cause fights.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Honestly, your fascination with dogs having sex and being horny actually scares me quite a bit.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep