Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Twin 2.0

Default My dog is magic

I have a toolbox that I keep my party supplies in. I also had a bag of Hershey mini bars that I had set out on the table at my last party. The candy was inside the toolbox. It wasn't latched, but it's still not easy to just open, especially if you don't have opposable thumbs. I just came back in to find what was left of the bag on the floor and no other evidence of the candy itself, but my papers were scattered everywhere, which meant that not only had one of the dogs managed to open up the toolbox, they took out the tray the candy was on and then went searching for more things in the rest of the kit...my bathball about got turned into a dog toy, there are slobber marks on it but no damage, thankfully.

I am completely at a loss as to how they pulled this off, but I'm kind of impressed. Also sad...I was really looking forward to some of that chocolate.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Are you dead yet?

ROFL. Eve managed to get my stash of cadbury dairy milk that I was saving for my "special" halloween kids. She expertly stole the candy out of my drawer and closed it behind her, and had she not smeared chocolate in one little spot on my carpet and left the wrappers in her crate, I'd have never known she got it.

I was poised to rush her to the emergency room, but aside from some manic energy, I didn't notice any negative effects. Maybe because that milk chocolate is barely chocolate?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM
swimming upstream

I had a dog who was the master at finding food no matter where or what it was! She actually managed to unzip a backpack, unvelcro the pocket, and then make her way through the shopping bag and the bag the candy came in! I couldn't hide anything from her!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm pretty sure the culprit is Virgo and she just ate the whole thing, wrappers and all. It was mostly milk chocolate, though I believe there were a couple special dark bars in there as well...but they were minis and she has the stomach of steel.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Snow Girl

Oh wow! Its amazing what they can figure out!!! Hope it passes alright

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Bronki went on the counter and got the cabinet open reaching my almond joys on the top shelf....sees VIrgo and Sawyer rubbing their paws together as Zoom leaves

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,