Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

but are you REALLY sure?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Salty Sea Dog

well vixie is "HUGE" for a chihuahua and i need to put her on a diet (shes 5lbs, a retired show dog and is perfect weight for her build)
Dodger is SOOO tiny he MUST be a teacup (hes 3lbs) but hes "big for a teacup" i tell them hes nto a teacup hes a chihuahua, i dont walk teacups their lack of legs makes it difficult (i get some strange looks with that one)
Ruby is a standard poodle puppy that i was cruel and clipped wrong and taken the time to straighten her hair...*blinks* im also going to be realy suprised when she hits 60lbs...
(well yes since shes a crest 8months olf and full grown at 10lbs...thanks!)

some people are nitwits.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Water Junkie

One reason why I avoid Petsmart with my dog.

Theres many better places that don't have people that shop their and think they are "dog know-it-alls" AND except that YOU know more about your dog then them

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Are you dead yet?

Yeesh! Spy's a big boy.

I really think their size varies by region, because there are a lot of gigantic border collies here. We treated one at the clinic today that was 77lbs and only about 5lbs overweight. He was a nice dog, purebred and worked a cattle ranch, but dang he was bigger than most GSDs I've seen. I don't know what lines he comes from, but they seem popular around here. Unfortunately people also have dogs like these as pets, and they let them get fat. I kid you not, I've seen a 90lb border collie come into the clinic. Poor thing looked almost like a pancake from above...

No wonder people tell me Eve is tiny. She's just not from around here lol
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Salty Sea Dog

eve is gorgeous and looks more like the dogs im used to seeing working the fields back home...

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Felurian

And Kharma is a short Great Dane . . . . or a Bloodhound . . . . or a Hound/Dane cross . . . or a Bull Mastiff

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Water Junkie

Dear God, 90lbs?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

With my new border collie pup, people always ask me what kind of dog he is. Then they don't believe me because he has blue eyes.

Great pictures of eve by the way in the other thread. Shes SO beautiful looking.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I can't seem to convince people that Sawyer is an Aussie, because he's not horse sized and doesn't have blue eyes or a ton of copper. Apparently all Aussies are 70 pounds, much broader and they have to have orange on them or they're not really Aussies. I'd love see what people would call a black bi Aussie!

I'm also told a lot that I'm mean for docking my Border Collie. Sorry, as far as I know, my Aussie was born this way.
You know what they would call a black bi Aussie though Zoom, a docked Border Collie, of course.

Personally, I need to get one of those shirts that says "He's not a Mini" for when I take Django out. He is a small boy,(32.5 lbs.) from working lines, ( I found his turn in sheet from the shelter and he did originally come from a farm.) so he is not all tall and fluffy like the show type Aussies people are used to seeing, plus he doesn't have the white blaze and collar. But, he is within the standard anyways for height. He does have copper on his rear legs and some real muddy and muted points on his face and throat, but you really have to be looking for them to see them. He does get called a heeler a lot and THEN I get asked why I docked my HEELER'S tail.

With our Dalmatians, I would also get told that our boys HAD to be part Chocolate Lab, because EVERYBODY knows that Dals ONLY come in black and white. Funny then that our liver boys were the only registered dogs we had, our black spotted bitch never had any papers.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Chloe is invisible at Petsmart...

Must be why she was almost ran over by this stupid women with her shopping cart the other day...

I made a scene and left...