Are you sure?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
well vixie is "HUGE" for a chihuahua and i need to put her on a diet (shes 5lbs, a retired show dog and is perfect weight for her build)
Dodger is SOOO tiny he MUST be a teacup (hes 3lbs) but hes "big for a teacup" i tell them hes nto a teacup hes a chihuahua, i dont walk teacups their lack of legs makes it difficult (i get some strange looks with that one)
Ruby is a standard poodle puppy that i was cruel and clipped wrong and taken the time to straighten her hair...*blinks* im also going to be realy suprised when she hits 60lbs...
(well yes since shes a crest 8months olf and full grown at 10lbs...thanks!)

some people are nitwits.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
One reason why I avoid Petsmart with my dog.

Theres many better places that don't have people that shop their and think they are "dog know-it-alls" AND except that YOU know more about your dog then them ;)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yeesh! Spy's a big boy.

I really think their size varies by region, because there are a lot of gigantic border collies here. We treated one at the clinic today that was 77lbs and only about 5lbs overweight. He was a nice dog, purebred and worked a cattle ranch, but dang he was bigger than most GSDs I've seen. I don't know what lines he comes from, but they seem popular around here. Unfortunately people also have dogs like these as pets, and they let them get fat. I kid you not, I've seen a 90lb border collie come into the clinic. Poor thing looked almost like a pancake from above...

No wonder people tell me Eve is tiny. She's just not from around here ;) lol

iluvdogs

With my new border collie pup, people always ask me what kind of dog he is. Then they don't believe me because he has blue eyes.

Great pictures of eve by the way in the other thread. Shes SO beautiful looking.

Hillside

Original Twin
I can't seem to convince people that Sawyer is an Aussie, because he's not horse sized and doesn't have blue eyes or a ton of copper. Apparently all Aussies are 70 pounds, much broader and they have to have orange on them or they're not really Aussies. I'd love see what people would call a black bi Aussie!

I'm also told a lot that I'm mean for docking my Border Collie. Sorry, as far as I know, my Aussie was born this way.
You know what they would call a black bi Aussie though Zoom, a docked Border Collie, of course.

Personally, I need to get one of those shirts that says "He's not a Mini" for when I take Django out. He is a small boy,(32.5 lbs.) from working lines, ( I found his turn in sheet from the shelter and he did originally come from a farm.) so he is not all tall and fluffy like the show type Aussies people are used to seeing, plus he doesn't have the white blaze and collar. But, he is within the standard anyways for height. He does have copper on his rear legs and some real muddy and muted points on his face and throat, but you really have to be looking for them to see them. He does get called a heeler a lot and THEN I get asked why I docked my HEELER'S tail.:rolleyes:

With our Dalmatians, I would also get told that our boys HAD to be part Chocolate Lab, because EVERYBODY knows that Dals ONLY come in black and white. Funny then that our liver boys were the only registered dogs we had, our black spotted bitch never had any papers.:p

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe is invisible at Petsmart...

Must be why she was almost ran over by this stupid women with her shopping cart the other day... :mad:

I made a scene :eek: and left...

RD

Are you dead yet?
Iluvdogs, what did you wind up naming your BC pup? And can we please see more pictures of him? :D

adojrts

RD, lol a few years ago, I took one on my jrts to a pet store. Yep she's reg'd, yes she is well within the breed standard but she is tiny. I joke that she is my prema pup.
This family stopped me to ask questions about my pup.......I told them she was an adult.......the father then went on to say that there was no way she was an adult.......I told him, that I saw her when she was 12 hrs old, I was the breeder of her sire, that her breeder was a very good friend of mine.......and that I knew without a doubt how old she was.........I had also had her for over 2 years............nope she was a pup according to him!!!!!!!!!!
And I had to be wrong lol...Some people...................

darkchild16

We are Home.
Or Walker isn't Coonhound at all. HELLO i saw his mother at the pound and she was ALL coonhound. Plus you get him in the woods and you can tell instantly. Or that he MUST be abused because he hates Petsmart floors. (He slipped when he was a 3 mths old.) Or that because I dont let most dogs near him and keep him away from misbehaving small children he is dangerous :rolleyes:

Melissa_W

What I usually get is something like...

"Aw, she's so beautiful."
Thanks, but he's a boy."
"Is she a Border Collie?"
"No, he's a Sheltie"
"A what?"
"A Sheltie"
"Is she a puppy?"
"No."

Or we get
"Aw, it's Lassie dog!"