Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Uffda!

lol, I think Joey and Ada would get along great! Joey is a little "intense" when he plays too. It's kind of typical for bostons from what I hear. He ran circles around my parents beagle, and I thought she was incredibly playful!

Ada sure is a beauty! I really think corgis are great looking dogs. Someone brought in a cardigan puppy while we were waiting at the vet's office. He was one of the cutest puppies I have ever seen!

"The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another." George Bernard Shaw Pygmalion
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
What's the barking like with a Corgi? Are they as vocal as, say, Shelties? Aussies?

I met some terrific Pembrokes at the agility finals last weekend, and I'm intrigued. All I had ever met before were overweight, untrained Corgis and I never realized how bright and athletic they are with the right handling. These ones reminded me a bit of Ada, and I must say I really liked 'em.
I think it really depends on thier upbringing. I've been told that Corgis are food hounds, that they get fat easily, and that they bark nonstop.... let's see... nope, nope, and nope. Ada is not your average corgi, on any counts!

She gives you a volley of happy barks when you get home, and she'll let out a few yaps when she is playing with the Dobes... but no more than the dobes bark. She barks a lot less than most dogs I know.

Overall, she's just awesome. Corgis are VERY easy keepers - it's rare to find a finicky corgi, or a corgi that won't pottytrain easily. They are extremely intelligent, driven, lively, clownish dogs that are the *perfect* size. Besides, they've got great mythology!

Ada is 11" at the shoulder, 25" long, and 21lbs... full grown.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 AM
and Fozzie B!

I totally agree, with your Corgi description!

Fozzie is half Corgi... and possibly half Beagle... and he VERY rarely barks. He's actually one of the least vocal dogs at the dog park, he hardly makes a peep even when he plays. Besides occasional alarm barks, he's pretty quiet. I think the neurotic barking might, usually, be related to people encouraging/tolerating it early on... or lack of mental and physical stimulation.

Fozzie, however, would eat everything in sight if allowed. He's only in good shape because I taught all of my family/friends to ignore his pleading little eyes. I forgot to mention in my post, I noticed how nice & fit Ada is! It's refreshing to see a Corgi that's in shape... some of them really do look like barrels, poor pups.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Those are great photos! And all too cute! I love pictures of dogs playing.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Gone to the dawgs

Oh wow! I'm in love with Ada. I love her personality. Mostly I LOVE the last shot. Too cute!!! ~LOL~
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Very cute! I really like the first one of the second set.