Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Salty Sea Dog

troop, i didnt know you were in the medical feind, unfortunatly ive seen many people whos dogs have severe skin issues they have been home treating because "it looks like mange" or "its just allergies" and causing more issues than its worth...
or people trying to treat a belly ful of worms with home remidies...

Sounds like you have a great hand on the whole thing, i do agree antibiotics would eb a big help.
Try using a mint essential oil, teatree and mint work very well as a combination antibacterial and soothing agent,

otherwise keep up what your doing, deworm, and treat for the mange first then focus on the shots later...

good luck, oh and pictures

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Active Pup

Just wanted to give you all an update. Things are going well. There were no signs of any mange in his scrapings. For all I know the poor pup had a reaction to something he ate and the breeder, thinking it was mange, over treated him and only made the condition worse. I'm not planning on doing anything to treat his 'mange' skin condition other than keep him on a good diet and the antibiotics.

Just in the past week he has gotten bigger. I'm going to have adjust his medication !

His skin is looking so much better. It's smooth and soft. I'm just waiting for a few dry scabs to come off before I take pictures.

Thank you for the site, DryCreek. It seems he is about 5 weeks or so.

The plan for his treatment is now as follows...

Deworming on the 24th (depending on the fecal)
1st shots December 8th
2nd set December 29
3rd set January 19th
rabies vaccine and altered the first or second week of February

The original plan was to fix him up and adopt him out. I'll have to keep you updated about that, though. I caught my boyfriend cuddling with the pup and calling himself 'daddy'.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Glad I could help some

Scabs coming off eh? It's possible the pup had a skin infection then, ie juvenile dermatitis, if the scraping came up negative. The antibiotics would help clear that up.

Quote:
The original plan was to fix him up and adopt him out. I'll have to keep you updated about that, though. I caught my boyfriend cuddling with the pup and calling himself 'daddy'.
Uh oh, LOL.

I'm glad to hear all is going well. Can't wait for those pics tho

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Active Pup

I can not believe how big this puppy is getting. He's gained two pounds already! He's about 6 pounds at this point.
The man that 'found' him had a female pit in the back yard that had nipples to her knees...I think this is his mother...any ideas on what the father is?

These are from when he first came home...about day three.
In both of these pictures you can see that his left knee was coming over the toes when I first got him. I wrapped it up for a day and it was fine. I guess he just had a growth spurt and his joints needed a little support. I saw this rain coat at the dollar store and thought it'd make for some cute pictures.

I ordered an xs instead of an xl hoodie a few months ago... I'm glad I got some use out of it. Although, I'm sure the furry belly (my boyfriend's) would have been enough to keep him warm.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

OMG, what a cutie LOL.

I just want to grab him and hug him and squeeze him and love him all up

And those ears, beautiful!

Quote:
any ideas on what the father is?
Unfortunately, without seeing the sire there's really no way to tell for sure though he certainly looks like an APBT pup. It is possible he is purebred. It's one of those things, you'll never know for sure considering where he came from.

Looks like your boyfriend has a new buddy LOL.

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Top Dog

Cute puppy, thank you for helping him
Old 11-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Agility freak!

Very cute puppy, and much thanks for taking him in.

Please do keep us updated, and I am sure no one ment to come on strongly at first. It's just that we are a group of dog lovers who care VERY strongly for any breed, be it pure bred or mutt. And because you were new, they wanted to make sure to tell you everything that should be done, just in case you didn't already know.

Very cute pup, and I do hope you keep him, I'd love to watch that cutie grow up.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 11-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Felurian

Looks like a American Pure Bred Snuggler to me, lol!

Great work with him . . . I hope you don't separate those two

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Active Pup

Well, Little pup found a new home. I found a vet tech to take him in. Her dog is about on his last leg and she had been looking for a fixer upper to take in.

I was getting attached. I had started calling him Pip and really didn't want to give him up. My only fears were that I have a male american bulldog that likes to think he is the boss. I was worried about having two male bullies in the house.

I'm lucky though, the girl lives right down the street from me and I get to see him whenever I want. I miss the feel of his head on my cheek while he sleeps. I miss his demanding yaps for food, to be picked up, to play...basically I miss Lil' Pip!

The only pictures she had seen of him were from when I first brought him home, so it was a suprise for her to see how great he looked when she came to pick him up.

Of course, the house is never empty for long. My boyfriend brought home a flea market buy...a cane corso/pit/something mix with an abnormal gait. I'll leave that to another post, though.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Love my pets

I'm glad the pup has a good home. Sounds like your boyfriend wants to help dogs he find at fleamarkets. I hope this pup is healthy.