Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-17-2005, 06:00 AM
user not active

Yeah if he doesnt want any protection a silly lab would be good.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!

LOL oriondw
Old 06-17-2005, 09:34 AM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
Yeah if he doesnt want any protection a silly lab would be good.
You must really be afraid of being attacked, seeing as you view guarding breeds as the only "good ones" and other breeds as "silly".
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
You must really be afraid of being attacked, seeing as you view guarding breeds as the only "good ones" and other breeds as "silly".
Whats wrong with word silly?

One of the definations is "lacking seriousness"

Most labs I've seen fall right under there. They are good sweet dogs that really dont take anything seriously.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:28 AM
user not active

Quote:
Oh and yes, I do think that working dogs ( not just guardians) are "good one's" and the rest are silly
Old 06-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

Tut Tut !!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:01 PM
no touchy

They weren't bred to be big bad guard dogs, they were bred to be family companions that helped with hunting, not to stand at the gates of a town growling.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:15 PM
user not active

Quote:
They weren't bred to be big bad guard dogs, they were bred to be family companions that helped with hunting, not to stand at the gates of a town growling.

I respect labs that are used for hunting hunt
Old 06-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

I've had Labs, among several breeds and they are extrordinarily trainable, intelligent, willing, atheletic, serious when at work, playful when at play, affectionate with most people, lovely, charming pets which bring joy into many family homes, whether they work or not, (being a pet is work), loyal, trustworthy around kids and they happen to be at the top by a long shot, for popularity for something like the past 11 years.

I fail to see from where the disrespect for them as being silly, which if taken in context implies that they are not valid, worthwhile, working dogs, which in fact they are. I would guess, it mainly comes from you. They happen to be one of THE most respected hunting dogs for upland, as well as water foul..... as being highly versatile and can do things which no other can, can handle frigid waters, which is a rare find. Did you ever see a Lab swim? Beautiful!

They are used for service dogs, seeing eye dogs, for people with a multitude of physical and mental disabilities, hearing impaired, cancer sniffing dogs, explosives, drugs, cadavers, search and rescue, therapy, tracking, retrieving and many other duties. They have an appropriate temperament and the brains to do more duties such as these than about any other breed.

That's too bad that you aren't just a little familiar with them. You're missing out on a whole world of truth and personal experience by speaking out without being informed. That's a shame that you deny youself.

I myself, among others, I'm guessing hold these dogs in high regard and have a thankful heart for their service to mankind whether as a working dog or a family pet.

I recently had to put my Lab to sleep at almost 14 years of age. I get a little emotional still and defensive of my lovely friend, Bonnie. She was a most loyal and trustworthy companion to my family...my children as they were growing up. She taught us all huge lessons in life by being the individual she was and the breed she was.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:42 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
I've had Labs, among several breeds and they are extrordinarily trainable, intelligent, willing, atheletic, serious when at work, playful when at play, affectionate with most people, lovely, charming pets which bring joy into many family homes, whether they work or not, (being a pet is work), loyal, trustworthy around kids and they happen to be at the top by a long shot, for popularity for something like the past 11 years.

I fail to see from where the disrespect for them as being silly, which if taken in context implies that they are not valid, worthwhile, working dogs, which in fact they are. I would guess, it mainly comes from you. They happen to be one of THE most respected hunting dogs for upland, as well as water foul..... as being highly versatile and can do things which no other can, can handle frigid waters, which is a rare find. Did you ever see a Lab swim? Beautiful!

They are used for service dogs, seeing eye dogs, for people with a multitude of physical and mental disabilities, hearing impaired, cancer sniffing dogs, explosives, drugs, cadavers, search and rescue, therapy, tracking, retrieving and many other duties. They have an appropriate temperament and the brains to do more duties such as these than about any other breed.

That's too bad that you aren't just a little familiar with them. You're missing out on a whole world of truth and personal experience by speaking out without being informed. That's a shame that you deny youself.

I myself, among others, I'm guessing hold these dogs in high regard and have a thankful heart for their service to mankind whether as a working dog or a family pet.

I recently had to put my Lab to sleep at almost 14 years of age. I get a little emotional still and defensive of my lovely friend, Bonnie. She was a most loyal and trustworthy companion to my family...my children as they were growing up. She taught us all huge lessons in life by being the individual she was and the breed she was.
I like dogs with jobs. I dont like couch potatoes who do nothing but look pretty and eat food.

I like all dogs who do work, no matter the breed. I also kind of frown at dogs that dont have any real world use. ( i.e. miniature poodles, shitzu's,, etc)

Also silly was not used as a negative statement...