Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
This is how I felt until today...

I was so outraged... he had 3 accidents. A little above normal but it's cause I took an abnormal nap... never doin' that again.
What happened to Rocky when you saw his accidents? Knowing how to react to their accidents when you are not present is very important in the potty training process.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Big German Shepherd

I know how to potty train.

Nothing happened to Rocky... he saw how upset my dad and I were and he knew what he did wrong and he went under my bed for a little while... I also scolded the puddle of pee on the floor... I hear it's a good tactic.

Why do you ask?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

Why do you ask "why do I ask"? This is a dog forum where we all learn from one another. I asked you to know what you did so others could learn of your tactic, that's all.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Big German Shepherd

It seems a little weird that you targeted me.

And asked what happened to Rocky. That's why I asked that.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
I feel so relieved. I think they were all housebroken for the longest time and I was the one who didn't get it.
LOL I just re-read that and that's actually a pretty funny statement. I'm glad you've got it now.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog2191
It seems a little weird that you targeted me.

And asked what happened to Rocky. That's why I asked that.
I asked what happened to Rocky because of your past posts and knowing the issues you've had. I think this is a wonderful forum to discuss what we do, what we shouldn't do, what we should think about doing in the training of our beloved dogs, that's all...
Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Top Dog

BigDog, I agree with EliN....when there's a problem and is or isn't resolved we want to help those who are either members or lurking as to what to do or not do. This is a support forum, we are all owners and at all levels. Let's change " what happened to Rocky " to how did you handle it ? You aren't being targeted....people who know nothing of you or Rocky will be wondering how you handled a problem they have every day. Please help them.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Big German Shepherd

There is no problem.

He pees on the carpet... that's what dogs do when they're not house trained. And I'm still working on it.

It just felt weird when I was targeted, or rather felt targeted when I'm not even the creator of this thread. I'm not even the right person to ask for people who need help with house training because I haven't even accomplished it. Whereas the person who created this thread has 3 dogs which are all house trained.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Top Dog

I understand. Don't be on the defensive............we care >>>
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Rusty but Trusty

I don't really think that I am a good person to ask about housebreaking either though. I just did what people suggested on this site and thankfully it worked. I wouldn't say my dogs are all housebroken it's just been like almost a week since any accidents (which in this house is a LONG time). Until we go accident free for a month I wouldn't consider the dogs housebroken. I was just stating that it felt nice knowing that I think I finally understand their language and know how they react when they have to do outside. How long did Rocky go without having an accident, I mean had he gone weeks or days or was it longer. Personally I like crates, I don't know if you use or believe in them, but all I know is that if you are doing something and can't keep an eye on your doggy maybe a crate is the way to go. My dogs LOVE their crates, they sleep in them and eat their treats in them.