Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Default The tail btwn the legs

Biz is a submissive dog as it is. Fri his tail was down either to the side or btwn his legs. I talked to him & pet him to see if he would wag his tail and nope. He would sit really fast and lick a bit. I looked to see if something was there and he didn't want me touching his tail. He wasn't lathargic or sad, he still had the spark in his eye, played with a ball, and acted normal, but his tail. Sat I woke up w/a bladder infection so I was in bed and the bathroom all day til the meds kicked in, but saw that his tail was the same. He played with Gabbi, ate, peed & pooped and acted the same.
Today (Sun) his tail is up, wagging and normal.
Friday I made an apt with the bet for Monday.
Someone said it was probably his anal glands and another said blockage.
I didn't see anything obvious in the poop I cleaned up, but I confess I didn't really spread it out to look either.
I am wondering if I should cancel the vet apt or take him just to make sure.
I'm leaning towards taking him in.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Show Dog

Anytime my dog has ever done this he has had a piece of poop stuck in his hair or something that didn't come out all of the way. If I am very slow and gentle, he will let me look and clean him up. If he is acting normal now, I really wouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I would take him to the vets, he could have a spinal injury (in his back, not the tail). X rays should be taken to rule it out. What breed is he? How much does he weigh? and is the other dog the same size or larger? Does he have a long back, and does he jump down from a high bed?

Good Luck
Lynn