Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Walks into Mordor

Talking I got to pretend

Today, I got to pretend that I had a pretty, fluffy girl dog.

I took Scandal, my mom's maltese, to Petsmart with me. I got to fuss with her pretty coat first, and she loved the brushing. Then I got to put a cute blue bow on her topknot before we went out in public.

Oh, she loves her public. Even though she's retired from the show ring, she hasn't lost the strut. She still lights up like a Christmas tree whenever she has an "audience".

I had some people ooohing and aaahing about how cute she was, and how adorable her bow was. And they crooned about her beautiful and silky coat, and what a precious little girl my dog was. Of course I didn't tell them that she belonged to my Mom.

Sigh. I NEED a sweet girl dog with beautiful hair to primp, one who looks good in rhinestones and ribbons. Instead, I have gallumphing oafs who make awful faces if I so much as use floral-scented shampoo on them.

Oh well. It was fun to make-believe for a bit.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Awww Gemp... one day you will...

Chloe said that she would visit you and let you parade her around with Rhinestones and such, but she's just as bad as the boys when it comes to grooming and such
Old 10-20-2007, 01:00 AM
BusterLove

aww, I really can't wait for you to get your fluffy girl lol. I still think you should geta big fluffy like a leonberger, bernese moutnain dog, saint or a newfie lol. They would look GORDEOUS in rhinestones and bows.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:05 AM
Let it be

Awh! My bestfriend has two "purse puppy" type dogs. I feel so awkward when I walk them. I look goofy. I am a real tom boy. My sister use to paint my sheltie's toenails. My boys and I are a much better fit though some times I do get a little envious of those who put their little dogs in those cute foofoo outfits. I guess Spanky could always wear a tutu.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
BusterLove

lol, fluffy dogs arn't my thing either. My friend think I'm weird, they want cute chi's or fluffies and all I want are drivey working dogs. lol

Old 10-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Here to learn

Scandal is an awesome name for a Maltese! And yes, it's hard to go out in public without people stopping you...
Old 10-20-2007, 02:06 AM
BusterLove

lol I do have a soft spot for Malts and Aus. Silky's I must say, they'd be a lot of fun I reckon

Old 10-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Here to learn

My macho, football-playing brothers made me promise that I would never put bows in Milo's hair. Of course, then I had to promise not to tell their friends how ridiculous and sugar-sweet Milo makes them after they roll around on the floor with him making googoo gaga noises and letting that pretty, fluffy white dog wrestle them into submission.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:14 AM
BusterLove

lol, we had a malt/shih tzu before Mac, she was the toughest littel thing. Boss dog out of Buster and Sophie, Daisy was 5kg, Sophie was 40 and Buster was 20 but they all worshipped Daisy lol.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
swimming upstream

Gemp--put a bow tie on the boys!! ROFL!