Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
GREAT job! I bet he was so cute and proud of himself. They always know when they do well.
THat is exactly why i did this. all those people go AHHH and LOOOK and laugh and tell him he's a good dog. His tail goes thumpa thump, He is enjoying this. He may not care much for the glasses and is indulging me purely because i asked him please, but the rest of it is right up his alley. ANd the side benefit isn't bad either, this reinforces the training i have insisted on. THis cements his faith in me and his trust is complete. THat in turn will make future training even easier. He is slick to walk with, smooth, even with a bucket he is loose leashed. WE walk as a team with a "job" to do. I love that.
btw..he adores miss dreamies that coo over him, he is no fool, when he saw the plaza women he was more then willing to put on the charm. He is such a dog.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat

Last edited by smkie; 10-19-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Love my pets

That's our Vic. He's a special boy.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

WE gave it one last go this afternoon. The weather was glorious, and it is all forecast gloom for next week. One tour, one half hour, 77 dollars. More pictures, lots and lots of cameras. He would sit and hold his bucket, collect the money and we would move on. I don't think i could explain the Gabrial fund one more time if i had to, that is a lot more work then it sounds. WE will still try for halloween night when we go with Hyia and that will be that for this big idea of mine.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Here to learn

I just think it is so cool that you guys are doing that.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Twin 2.0

I sent a heads up to Channel 5...

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I was just stunned.I showed Mom and she was stunned. I had no idea we would get a reaction like today. A half hour is long enough, i wouldn't ask him to do this more then that for i can tell when he has had enough, and isn't engaging with the people anymore, we stop right there. WHen it starts being no fun, then you shoudln't be doing it. THere was one very nice young lady with Ds that was quite taken with VIc. Her parents said she doesn't interact with dogs and were surprised at her reaction. THey gave her a dollar and she put it in his bucket, and he held as still as could be while she reached out to touch him and tried to catch his waggin tail.. I wish we would have had our cards made out but i really thought i would be doing this next weekend not this. Just got to move when the weather is good. SO yay, that is over for the most part. THursday he will hand out his cards when he visits the nursing home and i will have achieved my goal. I still need to redesign my cards, i realized that the orange type i put on his pic pleased me but will not be visable at all for many he will visit so i am going to put his pic on a white background and use a good contrasting large type. That will be tomorrow's project

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!