Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Felurian

Bimmer and Kharma "talk." They have a huge vocabulary of different sounds and inflections to those sounds. Kharma's tend more toward the Chewbacca type sounds and Bimmer's toward wolf vocalizations, but neither one of them are really barkers. They prefer to use stealth mode and keep their presence and whereabouts unknown until whatever they think doesn't belong is within striking range, lol!

If there is something wrong and they can't get to it, they will bark, and that generally clears the area.

Shiva, on the other hand, has to work herself up by barking. She'd much rather scare the boogeyman away than have to go bite him, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

My dogs aren't too bad, yes they will bark if a strange vehicle pulls into the drive, oh yeah they ll bad like crazy when the neighbors cats and/or dogs are on my lawn or veranda. BUT when asked they stop, I too can't stand a barking dog, espeically one that wont shut up!! In my opinion its a training issue, even with a breed that barks.

My dogs are always quiet at dog shows, trials and motels/hotels, it has never been a concern to leave them and wonder if they are barking.
Two of my guys are 'talkers', my stud dog will tell me all his woes by growling, but its not an aggressive growl, although anyone would swear he was lol. He just tugs his head under my arm and oh how he can complain!!

Breed: JRTs usually 5 at any given time, had as many as 17 here once (most of the rescues)
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

anyone remember bill cosby's skit on the saint benard that had to breathe three times or blink i don't remember which to get the bark out? Our saint i grew up with was very expressive with his exhalations.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you dead yet?

Dakota and Dash are vocal. Not incessant barkers, but they "talk" and both will alert to intruders and Evil Objects From Beyond (bird feeders, wind chimes, etc). Buddy barks only at Eve and skateboarders.

Eve barks at virtually nothing, but growls/roars when she thinks a stranger is on the property. The one thing that gets her going like you won't believe is this dense bit of brush in the backyard. Jeff and I think it might be haunted (don't laugh! you get this incredibly uneasy feeling when you walk up to it.) - Eve does the most vicious sounding bark I've ever heard when she gets too close to that thing and gets spooked.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
BusterLove

Harry barks like all hell, he's BC/ACD so its expected.
Buster hardly barks at all we say he's kelpie/ACD which are both very vocal breeds BUT the fact that he hardly barks we put down to that he is most likely a lot dingo and they don't bark.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm All Ears

Um... I have two shelties. Enough said?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Top Dog

Reese, Bob, and Elliot are the worst. They are dachshunds. They bark at everything...especially the squirrels that taunt them in the backyard running back and forth along the fence. Those evil squirrels!

Jannah also likes to bark, but not as much as the other three...Shes a dachshunds as well. *sigh*. lol
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Top Dog

Sadie is lab/border collie mix. She's a barker at times. When she's outside, she only barks if someone dares to walk past her territory. If we tell her to hush, she usually does but then grumbles about it. She barks some inside, usually it's when she's bored and it's rainy out and she didn't get her frisbee playing in.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Snow Girl

Here is the video with OC doing one type of "talking" sd well as some yipping. Ronan makes the same talking sound except his is much much deeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf5a0Su1nk4

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

None of my Goldens were barkers , except to warn .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/