Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Top Dog

Default Omigosh... an amazing dog story

So, sad. And sadly, once again a pit bull makes it into the news for attacking. This really is sad... first what the dog did, then what they did to the poor dog, then the lab and her big heart. I'm at a loss for words...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-dog05s1.html
Old 06-12-2005, 04:01 PM
no touchy

My Mom was telling me about that last week....we're in IL. I feel bad for the pit, but I'm glad the kid is OK.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:11 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Montiel and her 15-year-old son, Michael, yelled to the kids from their windows, warning that a pit bull was loose.
This is what bugs me. I'm careful around any and all dogs that wander around, it doesn't matter if it's a pit bull, chow chow, labrador, or chihuahua, I'm going to be careful around that dog.

Quote:
"He looked like a wolf coming right at you," Lameka said. "The next thing you know, he came out lunging."
OH, puhleeze. A pit bull loks nothing like a wolf, you @!$%~*& idiot. You're just enjoying being the big bad sargent that saves the day .

Quote:
But after a few seconds, like a horror movie, the dog got up and lunged again. Lameka and Serna began firing again.
Lots of things I could say to THIS.

Quote:
Despite the bullet wounds -- including three to the head and one to the neck -- India was still alive. Animal Control workers carried her out on a stretcher. She was later euthanized.

I hope this kid relizes that not all dogs are bad, and especially not all pit bulls.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I hope this kid relizes that not all dogs are bad, and especially not all pit bulls.
I agree. It could have been a husky, a mutt, whatever. If it were, it might not have even made the news
Old 06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
user not active

Quote:
My Mom was telling me about that last week....we're in IL. I feel bad for the pit, but I'm glad the kid is OK.

Why do you feel bad for the pit?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:38 PM
no touchy

Because it was shot four times, three times in the head, and carried out alive (WITH BULLETS IN IT'S HEAD) and later euthanized. I don't see why they didn't shoot it once more to kill it instead of letting it go through so much pain until they finally euthanized it.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Because it was shot four times, three times in the head, and carried out alive (WITH BULLETS IN IT'S HEAD) and later euthanized. I don't see why they didn't shoot it once more to kill it instead of letting it go through so much pain until they finally euthanized it.
I hear ya. I'm torn between the awfulness of the attack and the awfulness of them shooting the dog like that and letting it suffer.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
no touchy

I got so upset reading that...you don't shoot a dog in the head and then wait to euthanize it.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Felurian

Plenty of blame and stupidity to go around there . . . including whoever came up with the headline "the best Chicago dog story ever"???? Maya was heroic - that was good, but she's badly injured, a kid is badly hurt, another dog is dead, and somewhere there is an idiot running around who thinks a 120 pound dog who looks "like a wolf" is a Pit Bull.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Plenty of blame and stupidity to go around there . . . including whoever came up with the headline "the best Chicago dog story ever"???? Maya was heroic - that was good, but she's badly injured, a kid is badly hurt, another dog is dead, and somewhere there is an idiot running around who thinks a 120 pound dog who looks "like a wolf" is a Pit Bull.
No sheet, Renee. It's yet another example of idiot reporting of these sad events. Or the idiot people involved with the interviews...