What is your cats temp

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
The other day I took Wicked to the vet for a check up. And my vet told me she had a high fever of 103.8! So he gave her a shot of antibiotic and asked me to bring her back the next day to check on it. Well yesterday when I took her in it was 103.1 which is still alittle high. So she has some medicine she has to take twice a day for today and tomarow. Pretty much we are trying to get her down to a safer temp. But there is also the possibility that 103 could just be her normal temp.

So I was just wondering in reference to all your vet visits what is your cats average temp?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Normal temp for most all cats is 100.5 to 102.5, with the higher number being kind of borderline.

Usually when a cat has a higher temp, there is something going on. Did your vet do any blood work?

PixieSticksandTricks

He is planning to. But he is out of town until tuesday. When I go in tomarow his assistant is going to take her temp again and see where we are.

I know cats hide illness like no other but she really seems alright to me. She still eats, drinks, sleeps, and plays. Really nothing out of the norm. But we will see how things at the vet go.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Yes they do hide illness VERY well. Usually if you don't catch a symptom early, you won't know they are sick until they act REALLY sick. I'm glad you will be doing a blood panel.

PixieSticksandTricks

Well and the main reason I took her to the vet is she has a little wheeze occasionally (every once in a great while). But he said that her lungs and everything sounded fine. So I am always paranoid about her being sick. She is a strictly indoor cat also.

I learned that when it gets to 104 is when you really need to worry. 103 is when you should be concerned and watch and try to figure out what might be going on. All sorts of things can lead to high temperature, stress even. The stress of a vet office can make the heart race and temp go up.

Members online

No members online now.