Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Felurian

Maybe you could arrange for her to "get loose" and if the humane officer just "happened" to find her . . . Sparky's erstwhile 'owner' probably wouldn't bother to reclaim her . . . and you might have an arrangement to pick her up after a couple of days . . .

Always scheming, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Active Pup

Haha thats a good one but she'd get hit by a car before a human officer found her. I've never seen a humane officer in my life. the cops pick up strays around where I live but only if they are causing problems. Not entirely uncommon for people to let the dogs roam around loose anyway. The town they live in is only about 100 people big. My old town was 12,000 and they didnt have humane officers. I now live in Sioux city, IA and I cant be sure, becuase they have a shelter, but I think they just have cops that pick up animals too. I could be wrong. I've never seen any anyway. I wish we had them.
I'd steel her, and maybe I could dye her fur all black so they wouldn't recognize her....
because my hubbys' half sister (9yrs old) will be visiting us even if his (soon to be ex) step-dad wouldnt.....
sigh i feel so hopeless.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Felurian

Sounds like Sparky needs a trip on the underground doggy railroad . . . to someplace where she won't be recognized and can have a new life.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Maybe you could arrange for her to "get loose" and if the humane officer just "happened" to find her . . . Sparky's erstwhile 'owner' probably wouldn't bother to reclaim her . . . and you might have an arrangement to pick her up after a couple of days . . .

Always scheming, lol!
LMAO Renee, I can seee those wheels turning in your head. What a tough situation! Maybe your mother, or is it mother-in-law?, could just mention that you'd be interested in taking the dog if he doesn't want it. In a nonconfronting way. Maybe he'd be glad to get the dog off his hands? I know, easier said then done. But, it might make matters worse by 'stealing' the dog.

I LOVE THE UNDERGROUND DOGGIE RAILROAD IDEA THOUGH LOLOLOLOL toooo funny
Old 06-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Felurian

There is such a thing . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

Well, hey, nothing surprises me! I bet there is one. I'd certainly hide one out for a night or two.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

You said that you know that she is not getting fed...isn't that illegal and animal cruelty I would snatch her up now and if they have a problem with it then they should not have starved her. That's just my opinion
Old 06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, but still (possession is 1/10 of the law) and legally its the dad's dog no matter what. Unless some series of unfortunate events happen LOL I'm having too much fun with this thread.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

Ooooo...I like Renee's idea. That poor dog. I do hope he decides to just leave her there so someone else can give her a good life. Keep us updated. You have a good heart.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. . . .

I will be praying for Sparky, please let us know what happens.