Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 AM
SAGE

Default A Dog's Prayer

[I]Treat me kindly,my beloved master,for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick,for though I should lick your hand between the blows,your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often,for your voice is the world's sweetest music,as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.
When it is cold and wet,please take me inside,for I am now a domesticated animal,no longer used to the bitter elements.And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.Though you had no home,I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land,for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water,for although I should not reproach you were it dry,I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.Feed me clean food,that I may stay well,to romp and play and do your bidding,to walk by your side,and stand ready,willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And,beloved master,should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight,do not turn me away from you.Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest --and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

By Beth Norman Harris
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
SAGE

I will miss you "Bear and Blue" my faithful freinds that gave it all.

I will see your smile again on the other side.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Felurian

I am so sorry, Jon . . . ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

You know they are there for you, waiting and watching, and you know they never want you to be lonely.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
SAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
I will miss you "Bear and Blue" my faithful freinds that gave it all.

I will see your smile again on the other side.
Not sure if I can take the pain of loss...please Great Spirit give me the strength to carry on.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Big Dog

I'm sorry for your loss. I too experienced it too. Everything will be fine soon.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
Not sure if I can take the pain of loss...please Great Spirit give me the strength to carry on.
Oh, I know that feeling!! So sorry for your loss!! ((((((((Hugs))))))

Remember how they loved you so? They lived for you ... Bear and Blue would want you to carry on.

Sometimes it helps to write or talk about them ... you can do that here. Unlike places "outside" ... no one on this forum ever questions why I still write about Cheyenne, my Golden Retriever, who has been gone for 5 months now. Nor do they question why I still write about Spike, my GSD/Wolf, who has been gone over 2 yrs. Both gone before I joined here (but had been reading before), yet no one asks why. They understand why. It's one of the things I love about this place. So please, when you are able,... write about Bear and Blue ... about their lives and the wonderful joy they gave you.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM
SAGE

It is going to be very hard right now to talk about them.
Yesterday was the day I made the call and took them in.

I love dogs too much for this to keep happening to me every few years,sure I gave them the best life a dog could have,but the killer was there faithfulness.
"Bear" was a very,very special dog,one in a life-time.

It is too much to talk about right now,I can't even see the key board or screen very well. All I can say is loosing these dogs was as big a blow as loosing my father.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Felurian

Jon, each and every one, in their own way, is a one-in-a-lifetime, and there will be another, and another, and another who needs you - and whom you need. And the chain of life will continue.

You know that death is only a doorway, and parting between us and those we love is never forever.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 PM
SAGE

"Bear" is on the left and "Blue" is on the right in my avatar...It's hard to even look at their picture.

I'm not sure if I'll get another dog after Sage is gone.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
SAGE

Took Sage for a lonely walk this morning,when we got to the end of the trail I heard some rustling in the leaves and I thought that must be a deer, I looked over to Sage and his ears are purked up and his tail was slightly wagging. He thought it was Bear and Blue coming back. I told him to stay,and out of the bushes runs by three beautiful deer.