What about an.....

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
What do yall think about an Australian Cattle Dog (Cattle Dog for short), in agility? I've always wanted ot do agility, but what do yall think? People say any dog can be in it, is that true?

Yes, any dog can be an agility. Many people believe only certain breeds can, especially herding breeds, though.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
thank u so much for all the info, and glad to be here. its so much better here than the singal breed forum i came from.

Dogaroo

Actually, the Aussie pup you're getting rid of might be a pretty good candidate for agility. He has a lot of energy, right?

kirby

I have a cattle dog to, that I would love to get into some sort of sport, but I'm afraid that teaching him agility will also allow him to hop the fence and things :confused: will it?

Last edited:

poeluvr

the only dog i would seriously stop people from putting in agility is the waddling pekingese...lol

Depends how how your fence is. Agility usually doesn't have a dog jumping higher than his height (as far as i know at least) so if you have a low 4ft fence he MIGHT attempt it but if you have a 5-6ft fence i think you'd be safe.

And yes any breed can do agility as long as they have the drive for it

Members online