Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Active Pup

It's not the same vet as before. This is a new one that I found in New York. Hopefully they can tell me something more. And I will ask the vet about the swimmer pup. Thankyou.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Top Dog

O.o how many puppies did your pug have?

Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

How's the pup doing?

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Active Pup

Default doing good!

He seems to be doing much better today! He went to the vet along with his momma and other siblings this morning. The vet gave him some more antibiotics although she still couldn't seem to pinpoint what was going on with him. He's eating better now and is a little more chipper than before. Still a little weak, but he's hanging in there well
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

Glad to hear that. And I am really sorry for your first experience with chaz not being a good one. But try to put yourself in our situation. Apparently there have been some disgruntled members coming back under an alias name and posting these threads about really over the top problems with their dog that would require immediate vet care. And they were starting these threads just to get a rise out of people. They were probably sitting back and watching the thread unfold and people start getting heated and bickering over it.

So, as you can imagine.. you came in with your post shortly after we had a very similar post to yours. And it was your very first post.. and seemed urgent. So, it was very easy for people to jump to the conclusion that you were one of the people using a new alias.

So, I hope you don't think badly of us. We really do have good intentions and have some great advice from most of the chazzers. So, we hope you stick around and get to know some of us. We really aren't bad.. I promise..lol.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 10-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugalug58 View Post
He seems to be doing much better today! He went to the vet along with his momma and other siblings this morning. The vet gave him some more antibiotics although she still couldn't seem to pinpoint what was going on with him. He's eating better now and is a little more chipper than before. Still a little weak, but he's hanging in there well
Are your pups on solids yet or still just nursing? Sometimes weak puppies that fall behind nursing start to blossom once on solids. I would never rush weaning early, but sometimes the addition of bland solids could help...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

you can however add a bit of nutrical. IT comes in a tube and is a highly palatable gel that is high in calories, protein and vitimins, with especially weak puppies it is nice because you can run a line of it down your finger and adhere it to the roof of their mouth where it slowly dissolves and is easy to swallow. I have used this many times for pups that became sick and got behind in order for them to catch up and be able to wrestle their way in for nursing. I use to let the strongest pups get the milk flowing and then switch them to a teat that is further up and get the weak puppy back there where the most milk is.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Good point Smkie ... I always watched who got " hind Teat ". Usually it was the strongest and then they'd fall asleep , but pushed away a smaller one . Pigs, they can be !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/