Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Active Pup

Exclamation My dog is sick, please help!

We currently don't have enough $$$ to go to a vet, so I'm hoping we can get some help right here. I have a 9 1/2 year old half boston terrior/chihuaha female. She is overweight (yeah, she's spoiled) and has recently become very sick. Currently it is 12:46 EST as I write this and she was perfectly fine when she woke up (or so it seemed). She began to show symptoms of illness at around 5 pm, which seems to be a relatively short time considering she was fine earlier. She has been breathing through her nose (instead of her regular breathing pattern), sitting out of the way quietly, coughing intensley and coughing up various fluids'; such as blood and a clear liquid that appears to be thicker than water. Also, she hasn't barked once since earlier. Another strange symptom which we've never noticed before is underneath her hind leg in the crotch area, she has some strange dark red bumps that appears to be some kind of rash or blood blisters even. Hopefully some one can respond to this as soon as possible, can post pictures if needed.

Thank you.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Top Dog

Are you serious? You need to get your dog to the vet immediately. She could have an airway obstruction or respiratory distress. And any rash with blood blisters is not normal even if it isn't associated with the respiratory issues. Money or no money.. your dog needs to be seen immediately. If you don't take her, you may not have to worry about her much longer because she may not make it. Please find a way to get her to the vet ASAP!

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Rebel With Cause

OK I believe that this like the other thread is someones sick joke. Anyway if not and you love the dog and want to not see it suffer take it to the humane society. If you do not have the means to get medical attention then buck up cupcake and give it to the humane society where it can get help or that they can give you the number of a donor willing to pay the VET for it's treatment. Sorry if this is for real but you must see this is becoming a daily event.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Squishy22

Call vets in your area and get on a payment plan. Thats what I had to do for my mother because her credit is bad. This is your first post? Thats odd.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
This is your first post? Thats odd.
I was wondering the same thing. And the fact that the op has not been back to view any responses. I wonder if this was some kind of sick joke?

If it was not a joke and the OP was serious.. maybe they haven't responded because they are at the vet with their dog. I hope if this is true that the dog is okay and receiving medical attention.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Rebel With Cause

There was another thread just like this. I have a feeling it is a disgruntled member using friends computers so they can't be tracked.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Top Dog

People are actually so childish to post a thread like this to get a reaction out of us?? Well, I guess we can nip it in the butt by not responding in a way they might be expecting us to.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Rebel With Cause

Yes it kind of follows something that I screamed about and the timing is right.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Top Dog

I guess I must have missed that... I didn't know you screamed about anything

Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Dog Show Addict

Ares
Princess aka Tettles