Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

The kittens sold there aren't pure bred, but they sell "AKC puppies" and cockapoos and such of that sort and they sell puppies much younger than they should be. And I told her I wouldnt get one from there cuz it is still supporting the pet store, which supports puppy mills.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
I haven't seen mix-breed kittens for sale in a pet store in years. From a rescue being sponsored by the store, yes, but not for sale. And frankly, I whole support stores providing such an outlet for adoption.

Purebred kittens in stores have all the same problems that puppy mill puppies have. I don't see them much either, but when i have, they actually tend to look WORSE than the puppies.
I agree, I do support stores that offer a sponsored rescue outlet for kittens. You are right, sick kittens look bad pretty fast, they wither. And given the cat temperament, I would imagine they visibly show things in their demeanor if they came from a mill.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

Well my friend ended up getting the kitty from the pet store. Her fiance got it for her. It just makes me feel like what is the point in even trying to help people? I would have done anything helping her search and everything to have her not buy from the pet store, so I just feel like I failed. But they took it to the vet and the vet says it's healthy. But my main reason for not buying from there is because it is supporting the store that sell puppies that are way to young, they sell cockapoos, and make up names for all of them and sell them for hundreds of dollars. And it just upsets me.

Sorry for ranting.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Salty Sea Dog

oops post

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Show Dog

Find out what store it is and if they normally sell kittens. I know one pet store I used to work at we did not sell kittens but every so often people would dump a box of them on the doorstep or something and we would take them in and give them shots, deflea them and worm them, and then we would put them for adoption for $20.