Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

I found out my poor Hunter had been beaten with a belt! One day I was unpacking my suitcase after a biz trip. He was laying on the bed watching me. I took a belt out and the clasp kind of clanged. He shot his head up, jumped off the bed, and cowered down on the floor in front of me with a snarl on his lips and shook. I couldn't believe it! I loved on him and loved on him telling him it was ok and that would NEVER happen to him again!!!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

that is why i could never make friends with this one dog at the kennels. she was the only animal i couldn't make a connection with no matter how hard i tried. the first time i saw her was winter and i had a shovel in my hand. It ended up that the previous owner was a woman that had beaten the dog with a broom and a shovel. Even after a year the dog showed me teeth everytime she looked at me and layed my calf open when i turned my back. I never blamed her for it was not her fault that this woman had treated her so badly.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 PM
no touchy

It's so sad that so many animals are treated badly out there. We suspet the girls were treated badly, especially May. When we got her, she was absolutely terrified of men. When my dad went to walk her, she'd slip her collar and run all the way home, so we suspect it was a man that beat her and took away her puppies (she still had milk when we got her). The shelter told us they found Colby on the side of the road and that she was thrown out the window of a car in a sack or something. I remember when Tippy's old owner came over. Tippy hid under the computer chair, shivering as the woman spoke to my Mom. I lay under there with her, petting her and letting her know we'd never let them take her back, she was safe.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Trained by an Airedale

Thank goodness for owners like the people on this forum, who love and worry so much about their dogs.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Big Dog

Everyone knows it's common for abused dogs to be wary of men, I guess because A) They can be more threatening and B) it can be more likely that a male abused the dog in the past. I know a woman, though, who has a GSD that is extremely afraid of women, he came from a home where the female owner beat him daily.

This woman (the new, good owner) has had him for five years, and to this day if she approaches him in the dark or catches him by surprise he will submissive urinate all over the place. This is a HUGE and extremely masculine GSD, VERY intimidating looking....it's so sad to see a magnificent animal reduced to that, still so scarred by something a human did to him.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:52 PM
BusterLove

oh thats horrible...

where we gor Sophie from, she was never even allowed in the housyard and her thumbs had been cut off with a knife by the look of it. For a while after we got her home she was always afraid of sticks and big balls. But she is pretty much over that now.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

How people could have abused our wonderful friends really gets to me ! My many, many thanks to all of you who have taken the time and patience to let these wonderful dogs know they are loved and are safe forever. God Bless !!!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

Isn't it just unfathomable how anyone could abuse or mistreat an innocent animal who is putting his utmost trust in us, who's completely dependent on us? That is the ultimate betrayal and it makes me ashamed of the human race.

Bubbatd, you put that soooo nicely. What a nice thing to say. And Martine too. And it's so true here. It is heartwarming to see such love and concern for our sweet, best friends. It sure is nice to see, at least, a balance. I guess more people are good to their animals than there are evil...at least, I hope so.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:26 AM
BusterLove

god it is horribe