Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-11-2005, 07:27 AM
BusterLove

Default oh no, i just hurt buster... twice

aghhh, accident. I was training him out the back and he wouldnt pay any attention to me, i wasnt aiming on hitting him and as a bit of a joke i threw my hands up in the air, as i bought them down to my sides he put his head up and got a smack on the nose for doing what i was asking. oh dear, and then i felt so bad so i squatted down and gave him a big hug, but i think i hugged to tight and hurt him more. OH NO, all accident i swear. but then i called him over and he came, i hope he will forgive me

Old 06-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Felurian

Poor you and poor Buster I wouldn't worry too much about being forgiven - they always seem to know when something was an accident.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Love my pets

I know he will forgive you; he knew is was a mistake.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:35 AM
no touchy

Don't worry, he knows you love him and you didn't mean it.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Don't worry. I am sure they know when it's an accident. I've hurt my dogs many times by accident, tripping over them, stepping on their toes, swinging around and smacking them with my arms or a big branch when I'm working on my property, slamming a door and almost squishing them...you name it. Then I get down and make a huge fuss...."Oh my God! I'm sooooooo sorry, you pooooor baby!" They just know and wag and bounce and love the attention. Then they're just fine. LOL.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Top Dog

Oh, I know what you mean. I was trying to trim Hunter's nails the other night. The first one I got was a little too close to the quick, I guess. He cried when I cut it and I felt SOOOOO BAD!!!! So, I quit at one and just loved on him. Then the next night I tried again and DID IT AGAIN!!!

I knew I had to get the job done, though. So, he trusted me and let me do the rest -- no more cries. He's such a good boy...
Old 06-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
Don't worry, he knows you love him and you didn't mean it.
Gaddy -- I just have to tell you how CUTE your GURLS ARE!!! And their tagline is precious
Old 06-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Playful Husky Pup

lol don't worry im sure he will forgive you it happens and im sure he has hurt you on accident before.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 AM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Gaddy -- I just have to tell you how CUTE your GURLS ARE!!! And their tagline is precious
Aw, thanks . They're such spoiled girlies. I changed it from "being stupid is not a crime" to "being cute is not a crime" LOL.

Quote:
slamming a door and almost squishing them
As many of you know, May is a pretty dark chocolate lab. In the dark, she blends in perfectly--it's almost impossible to see her. Well, one night, I had let the dogs outside into the yard to do their business before bed. The yard is medium sized and fenced. A few minutes later, Colby and Tippy were ready to come in, so I let them in. I called for May, figuring she oughtta be ready to go to bed too, now. Well, I didn't see her, so I started to close the door. Suddenly, in mid slide, the door stopped. I looked over to the opening and there was May, her head half-way in the door, the door was right at her neck, she was wagging her tail, looking at me like, "Can I come in, or no? Please, pleeeeeze can I come in?" I started laughing and opened the door so she could come in. I felt bad, but luckily she wasn't hurt (I didn't slam it shut, luckily).
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

once i was swatting a fly just as Bronki stuck his nose up to see the bug..and wack it came down hard. I don't think he connected the act with me but he sure dispised fly swatters after that. A few years later i picked a swatter up and aimed for a trespasser when Bronki saw it and hit the deck into a down position. I had company and they looked at me like i had done something evil...Bronki never knew a cross hand in his entire life..but it did looked very suspicous!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat