Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Harumph™©®

Gee I hope he's feeling better in the morning.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:06 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
What you get with sea water is just the opposite of water intoxication. Typically, sea water has about 4 times as much salt as plasma, and some other stuff dissolved in it increasing the solute load. For people or animals who drink A LOT of sea water, it can start to leach water from the tissiues and cause dehydration. I don't think this applies to the Caiza situation, however, because it takes quite a lot of seawater, usually not an accidental ingestion like this.

Drmom, The thing that worried me last night is that he was in the water 90% of the time we were their and we were at the beach for about 3 hours He seems okay this morning, more like himself.....I gave hime some food last night and he drank more water, then I just woke up a little while ago and took him out and he had more water. He is definately not drinking as much water as he did yesterday after we left the beach and stopped at my work. I don't think the beach is in our future anytime soon. I didn't realise how bad the saltwater can be
Old 09-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Harumph™©®

So he's ok this morning, Red, right? Thank heavens.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Your Mom

Well I'm glad to hear he's feeling better, how scary!! I've never had a problem at the beach with mine, but they also aren't fans of the water.

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

Aw, that stinks Caiza wasn't feeling well after he had so much fun at the beach. I hope he's feeling much better today!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

A-w-w poor Caiza. I was more worried about the hacking cough....if he had gotten water stuck in his lungs which might lead to an infection....pneumonia or bronchitis. Poor guy. Well, Lyric was chasing sticks one day that I threw in the salt water and he became very thirsty the rest of the day and peed a lot. It turns out he has a bladder infection. But I was a little worried too. However, I know of tons of dogs who spend their lives playing and swimming in the salt water. I hope Caiza is over his diarrhea and gets to feeling better soon. Yeah....usually with a lot of diahhrea or vomitting, complete fasting for 24 hours helps the tummy settle down. But I suppose plain water would be necessary in this case.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Bloody but Unbowed

I'm glad he's more like himself. It's too bad, because he ceratainly looked like he was having a blast at the beach. You need to get some lakefront property in Maine so he can play in fresh water

When you do, can I come visit?

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
<--------Orson

Good to hear he is feeling better
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Thank guys Drmom, I take Caiza to the reservoir all the time around here! I just love to go to the ocean once in awhile. Caiza has been before but never got sick like this Fresh water from here on for my boy!