Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Default Purina One

I'm currently feeding my pup Iams, until I heard the stuff about that company. So today I went to our superstore here and bought a bag of Purina One, since the superstore didn't supply alot of dog foods, and Innova costed about 20dollars for a small bag . Is Purina One an okay food? Or just another junk food? Worse than Iams?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Island dweller

It's just another junk food. Look for food that has human grade ingredients. I think the first three ingredients give away a lot about the product. Innova is a great food. Their website has a comparison chart on it where you can look up other brands and learn about the ingredients. www.naturapet.com Mordy's website www.mordanna.com/dogfood is a great place to do research and she is a fountain of information. And, of course, there are tons of threads with similar questions. Go through the food forum and read some of the threads. Especially Mordy's posts. She won't steer you wrong.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

I've got to get that purina bag up here to check up on those 'ingredients to avoid'! Yeah, I've heard great things about Innova, but that brand is soo expensive. Our pup was eating it for about a week (because that's the food that came w/ our pup) until it ran out. My mother went out to buy dog food, saw the price on Innova and bought Iams instead. If only good dog food were less expensive!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Island dweller

That's true but you feed much less of it than you would other junkier brands. Much less of it is wasted since it's all quality ingredients. However there are other good brands for less - depending on your area. I'll let Mordy help you with that.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Top Dog

Lol thanks. I've just realised something while I was browsing Purina One's website. The food that I bought is for puppys that, when full grown, weigh up to 50lbs. I have a lab x husky and I'm not sure whether or not he'd exceed 50lbs... anyone with lab experience can help me here?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Island dweller

I'm pretty sure he would. Huskies can be smallish but I'm guessing he'll be over 50 lbs
Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Top Dog

Ahhh... great. I think we threw away the receipt too. I guess I'll go rummaging for it now, lol.