Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Been good and reliable and is extremely light
I like to buy the heavier versions. They aren't that hard to carry and I find that light means easily damaged. At least that's my experience. You need SOME armor to protect the little bugger.

I'm a laptop freak. Haven't had a desktop since 1999.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Harumph™©®

LOL I just remembered Gateway told me my AC Adaptor, which FRIED in the back of my machine, leaving bare wires, was not covered because I move the computer around. Doh, folks. It's a laptop.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
feel the magic

Sony has this horrible, INTENTIONAL habit of making things ONLY compatible with other Sony things.

I wouldn't support much Sony makes nowadays.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
LOL I just remembered Gateway told me my AC Adaptor, which FRIED in the back of my machine, leaving bare wires, was not covered because I move the computer around. Doh, folks. It's a laptop.
LMFAO.... it's like those side effects for drug commercials.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-20-2007, 01:11 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Get a MacBook.

Well, they are awesome, but I have a Toshiba. If I had to choose between Sony and HP, I'd probably go with Sony. Dell and Gateway would be at the bottom of my list.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
Sony has this horrible, INTENTIONAL habit of making things ONLY compatible with other Sony things.

I wouldn't support much Sony makes nowadays.
Could you be more specific?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
LMFAO.... it's like those side effects for drug commercials.
Hahahaha. It's very portable but don't move it.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I had a Sony Vaio laptop... nice computer... but very expensive to fix when problems arise.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

Quote:
I like to buy the heavier versions. They aren't that hard to carry and I find that light means easily damaged. At least that's my experience. You need SOME armor to protect the little bugger.
Well I don't think the heavy part is 'armor', more of heavy components and battery but to each their own.

I think what she meant by the Sony comment is that Sony stuff works ONLY with Sony stuff and nothing else. Like my Toshiba power supply can be replaced with a universal adapter, a Sony laptop might not be able to (just theorizing, I've never used a Sony laptop).

And yes, HP makes good (cheap) printers with good (cheap) ink too. Much better than Lexmark where the ink is some $40 or so. But their computers aren't that bad. This computer used to be an HP (used to be because I had to gut it when my motherboard fried 6 years after purchase. It lasted a while but it was time to replace anyways). But when it did work, it worked well. Nothing wrong with HP computers (or desktop, at least).

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 09-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Harumph™©®

GO, I have to disagree, my last lightweight "slim" was so chinzy in covering materials that all you had to do was lightly tap the back of the screen cover and you could see waves. It was easily dentable, and very fragile. The computer I am currently using right now has a much more sturdy cover. Coverings are one of the reasons computers can be lighter as in "slim". The last slim computer I had convinced me to never get another one. They are ok if you aren't moving around alot with them and are a bit more diligent than maybe I am, or if your cat doesn't decide to sit on it when its closed, like happens here. The better the gauge, the tougher the laptop, IMO. Not that I want an albatross, but I do shy away from the lightest of the lights.