Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM
ĜȫƝ ₩īĿŠ

also, do you notice any yellowing of the eyes or when you open the dogs mouth do you smell a pneumonia type smell?

If you can get a urine sample, anyone can send samples to a lab IE: Omega and pay the bill cash for results. If you have an extra 20.00 send a sample of urine asking for a citrated plasma bio. If it comes back positive for aflatoxin email these people the results right away, [email protected]. Your bills might be covered by a Student University. Maybe this will help you.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, and Gig 'em.

You can also get a urinalysis done by TVMDL (Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostics Labratory).

http://tvmdlweb.tamu.edu/

Then go to Tests and do a search for Urinalysis. It's like $10 but will take a couple of days to get there. They e-mail you your results though so you get those almost instantly.

The test itself takes about 20 minutes to run, most of which is simply centrifuging the sample.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!' " - Author Unknown
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Harumph™©®

Sadly, I get the feeling we are all peeing up a rope here. The animal is dying a horrendous death.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
My mom would never put down her dog, so I know that suggestion is out the window. Whatever it is that is wrong with her dog, I know its going to be much worse by next wednesday. My mom is lucky that Brandon gets paid again before she does and is willing to give her money, otherwise she would have to wait until the 3rd of next month to get her dog seen.
Your mom would never put down her dog, but she would just watch it suffer like this? This doesn't make any sense to me. If your mom is not letting her dog get medical attention and she refuses to give it to a humane society, I think the dog needs to be put down. This dog is suffering and it'll only get worse if it doesn't get seen by the vet. This is really a sad, sad story.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
You keep saying you have to think of your child first...well...if the dog is as aggressive as you say, wouldn't it be a danger to your child? Just wondering..I hope everything works out ok.
It probably would be.... but again it's not HER dog.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratippy View Post
Sorry this again may not be popular but do you not have a humane society? If I knew someone was neglecting a dog like this, whoever it was, I would report them at least that way the dog may get some relief and possibly a decent home to go to after treatment.
You might want to read the entire thread to get the whole story. I have repeated myself as to why her dog can absolutely NOT be rehomed. Her dog would be put to death by any dog shelter before irresponsibly placing her in another home.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
cuckoo

Quote:
You might want to read the entire thread to get the whole story. I have repeated myself as to why her dog can absolutely NOT be rehomed. Her dog would be put to death by any dog shelter before irresponsibly placing her in another home.
At the risk of sounding like a complete @ss, I think that may be preferable to dying of poisoning like it is.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Considering the long list of why the dog doesn't go to the vet............one could also assume that the dog is also not fixed. But I will ask again......
IS THIS DOG SPAYED??
My mom did not get her dog spayed, because both of my parents planned on breeding her. Thank god it never worked. When she comes into heat its not a full heat anymore. She bleeds a teeny tiny bit and she doesnt swell as much as she used to. Why? I have no idea. She was purchased at a nasty pet shop in our local mall. She is also going blind and only 5 years old. If you were to see her, you would think that she is at least 10.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Squishy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit bat View Post
At the risk of sounding like a complete @ss, I think that may be preferable to dying of poisoning like it is.
True, but only if you could get that through my mothers head.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
cuckoo

Quote:
True, but only if you could get that through my mothers head.
Maybe you could turn her in anonymously, You'd be doing that dog a huge favor.