Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 06-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Top Dog

Default have you ever...

been attacked by a dog? Tell us your stories, if you wish.

- - I've been attacked by one of my own dogs. My father and uncle had brought home an adult GSD (male) home one day, from a farm. They don't know much about picking their dogs, so it's very likely they didn't even check how is temperament was. We also had a female GSD there with him, and they got along nicely.
So one day, my mom stopped at home to pick up some items, and told me to take the leash off of our girl (she's a climber), and so I went, but I hesitated and said I was afraid, because if my memory serves me right, I was actually attacked once before by the male GSD. I came in the backyard, via the stairway, and they were both looking at me. I came and took the leash off of our girl, while I was petting her. I straightened up to go back inside, but the male GSD had walked around me and as I was walking away, he took a bite of my bum . I was about.. only around 9-11 years old at the time too. So I stood their crying and shouting for my mom, who came and rescued me! I was bit twice on the bum, the first time didn't hurt as much though (I was laughing first, then started crying). I think the GSD was abused at the farm we got him from, because he'd be very shy around us, but when we turn around he'd try to take a bite out of us. And... he took a BIG bite off of my brother one time too, because my brother exposed his back to the dog, he chomped on his leg, and it was all bloody and icky after.
Obviously my parents knew better then to keep a dog who attacked their children twice.. so we had to give him away.
And there, is my story!
Old 06-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Show Dog

yes. i was 5 and hitting teh dog with a stick. he didn't do anything so i got closer and started to hit him with the stick. he decided to bite me in teh eye, head, and arm. I was a bloody mess. I was unconscious.

My father took the dog to the pound and we never saw it again.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:40 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

that is precisely why i do not believe that any child should be left with a new dog unattended,.and especially at the age of 5. I have been attacked a few times..as a kennel worker it is par for the course. Once i required 20 some odd stitches in my hand, but that was for breaking up a fight that i reached into..once for taking a dead bird away from a labrador in the field, he replaced it with my bicep, thru the hand twice..once again breaking up fights..the only non participating bite on my part was when a dog bit me in the back of the calf. This dog had been grossly abused by a woman and no matter how i tried i could not befriend it..i had turned my back when leaving the dog's kennel and that was when she bit me..i should have backed out with the hose between her and me..my fault.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Felurian

Once. By a killer Peke. Bloody little monster bit through my shoe when I was walking down the sidewalk. I wasn't all that worried about the Peke, but the Doberman started running down the hill toward me when the Peke bit me. The Dobe had a bad reputation; he used to come over to the apartments I lived in and go through the garbage and threaten anyone who tried to come out their front door. There wasn't anywhere for me to go, so I stood my ground and when he got close enough looked him in the eye and snarled my lip up and growled. Confused the bejeebers out of him, lol! He stopped, whimpered, and ran back to the porch.

What really po-ed me was the fact that the owners were sitting on the porch watching, doing nothing but laughing. They also had a HUGE yard with a 7 foot chain link fence, but let the dogs run loose . . .

Other than that, I've never had a problem, even when I'd go out surveying with my Dad. I'll never forget the day I was leaned up against a fence while he was taking a reading off the rod I was holding. I felt something tickle the side of my neck, turned around, and found myself looking crosseyed at the biggest Rottie head I'd ever seen. That tail started wagging and he licked me all over the face.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-09-2005, 11:03 AM
no touchy

Yes, I was nipped by a dog before. It wasn't serious enough that I actually needed medical care and it was my fault and I knew it even then. I was also almost attacked by someone's chow chow and someone else's dog...looked like a shepherd/lab/aussie cattle dog.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

I've never been attacked by a dog before, but I was chased by a Chihuahua. That thing was evil. lol When the bus would stop to drop us off and the Chi was out, it would come up to the foot of the bus and bark and bark and bark. If we tried to get off, it'd try to bite us. So my mom had to come down in the car and get us. lol
Also, when I was younger, my cousin and I were "playing" with their Great Paryness puppy (that was about the size of a Lab) by blowing in its face. The dog got fed up and tried to eat us. That was completly my fault and I feel so stupid about it now. The dog didn't hold grudges though, so all was well.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 PM
no touchy

I wouldn't call the nip I got an attack either.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
that is precisely why i do not believe that any child should be left with a new dog unattended,.and especially at the age of 5. .
The dog was with us for 5 years. Not new.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Oh yes
Whn i was 6 at a race i got too close to anouther dog of anouther team who wasent too friendly I did'nt know. And he jumped up and attacked me ripped up my face and arm. Luckily i have pretty much nothing left from the face attack but i do on my arm.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i do not believe any child of that age should be left unattended with ANY animal for the animal's safety as well. I don't know why at 5 you didn't know not to hit an animal with a stick, but 5 is capable of doing a number of painful things to a dog without realizing that the animal will retaliate. THat is why especially with a new dog an adult should always be present and abusive behavoir not tolerated. It was two 7 yr old boys that killed my first labrador puppy..he was 6 weeks old and they squeezed him to hard breaking his ribs into his lung. He died on the way to the er vet..i was out in the field working and my boss and the man's father let the two monsters in with the babies. I am sorry you were attacked seimen, that must have been terrible and marking for you at that age. Obviously you have gotten over any fear of dogs..i hope you parents helped you thru that, or that you were able to accomplish this on your own. There was a boy on the tv that had his face replaced after a dog attack. He tried to give the dog his piece of pizza, realized he had put it to far away for the animal on the chain and reached for it to move it closer. He was three. Adults have to realize that children and animals must be monitored at all times..as Seimen has pointed out..they had the dog for 5 years. Was this the first time it showed aggression? For an animal that had been in the family that long that is very strange and traggic for all. What kind of dog was it? Was it a house dog or yard dog?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,