Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Top Dog

Default Do your dogs freak out...?

Do your dogs freak out when you lay down on the floor? Like completely lay down as if you were sleeping. Sam totally freaks and jumps toward me then back and sort of licks me between jumps. And if my hair is down, oh boy! She tries to lick it and eat it and she flings it around w/ her paws. It's quite a sight!

Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Hmm, no, but they do think that either I or my husband are quite the jungle gyms. lol

Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Bored Now.

Middie used to go NUTS..... not eating my hair, but just jumping around like such a maniac that I generally leapt up climbed to the highest surface I could find to get away from the flying paws of madness. He resembled the glowey eyes in my sig.. LOL!

He's since gotten over it, though. Now he snuffles on over to me and tries to "brush" my hair for me or chew on my nose. He's slowly learning that when I lie down in the sun in the mornings it's not for his personal sniffing pleasure, it's because I've been unceremoniously dumped out of bed, walked barefoot through wet, cold, thigh-high grass so he could find the perfect place to pee and I just want to get warm and comfortable.

He then gets a bit miffed at me and lies down giving me the saddest, most pathetic look, and nudges a toy at me till I get the hint.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM
totally normal

Nope. They usually come and curl up against me. I lay on the floor with them all the time. We have a giant dog bed in the middle of our living room. It's more comfy than the couch! I watch TV and take naps on it. The dogs usually join me. One of the cats too.

If I've just showered, Tiku will roll in my wet hair. Apparently, shampoo smells at least as good as raccoon poop.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Top Dog

Sam sits in the bathroom everyday while I shower and always has to lick the water off my legs.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:43 AM
totally normal

Hehe. Mine are obsessed with anything from the bathroom. Shampoo bottles, loofas, shower puffs, toilet paper, especially the tub stopper. It's like those things are trinkets from the forbidden kingdom. Not that they're forbidden from going in, but it's too small for them to turn around in there, so they have to back out. It makes them uneasy. Brave and strong is the dog who returns with a trophy!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Formerly DoglessInSeattle

CeCe gets weird when we get down on the floor with her. Very animated. Licking. Jawing. Snuffling. Cuddling.

She does the same thing when she is allowed on the bed. Something to do with getting on the same level.

We haven't figured it out yet, but it's all good.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Lucas might look at me like "what are you doing?" and possibly, if he's in that kind of mood, he might just come over and try to find food. Otherwise he'll most likely just stay where he is. lol
Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Top Dog

If I lay next to Padfoot in the floor, he gives me this dirty look and moves away. XD
Old 09-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Top Dog

Meg thinks that a person on the floor is obviously there for her comfort. She will come over and find some way to use me as a piece of furniture!