Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
i wonder how many of us here have taken a dog or dogs in such a situation then had them end up permanent. Be prepared.
There you go again, Smkie, reading my mind.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
<--------Orson

Yep, I agree with smkie too. If you take them in be prepared for it to be permanent just in case.

Also, as much as the dogs and your friend my need you, your first responsibility is to YOUR pets. It was their home first and if anything is going to upset the balance or make it extra hard for them I would think long and hard.

It won't make you a bad person or non-animal lover to say no, just an animal lover that is responsible to YOUR responsibilities FIRST
Old 09-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Harumph™©®

The other thing is, it isn't very considerate of your best friend to drop her animals upon you. It's kind of like taking somebody's kids. I mean there are favors you do for people and then there are impositions.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

I'm just wondering what is making her think that in 6 months/1 year she will be able to find a place that accepts dogs, and if so, why didn't she find one now?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

I would think long and hard before you decide. If its going to cause a big uproar in your house, I wouldn't do it. Like others have said, your first responsibility is to your own dogs.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

Why can't she find a place now that accepts dogs? I would NEVER move to a place that did not take dogs and that is also a good point will she find a dog accepting place in six months? No way I would go move to a cardboard box before giving up my dogs even if she has to move to the next town she needs to find a place that allows dogs.