Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 AM
LB2007

No wonder his Trachea was sounding rusty, kennel cough is called trachea bronchitis , I never knew this. so he will be ont he trachea meds as well, poor Bandit and all he wants to do is sleep, so I let him of course poor little darling, I hope he gets well sooner rather than later. Never me let him associate with that woman and he sick dogs again
Old 09-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Here to learn

Illnesses are everywhere, though. You can't always avoid it. Sometimes all you can do is catch it and treat it as soon as possible. Important to have a good vet with a backup plan.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:10 AM
LB2007

Well I like the vet I have chosen for him, this vet does not give harsh meds but is more into natural meds which I would rather prefer. Thismorning I made a hell of a meal for him. It is gross sounding but he liked it. if put all mixed up solid he WONT eat it. About equal parts of the following

Royal Canin Kibble
carrots
potatoes
goats milk
plain yoghurt
1tsp flax oil
1 sardine

Blend the stuff up and let him lick it off my hands and or the syringe, he did both well ate 15gm which is not bad. Will offer more at about 2pm
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB2007 View Post
I dont kow what to do, he is acting werid and sneezing still, today he seemed fine now he is back acting weird. His temperature is below the normal

99.34C is this dangersous, if so what should I do to bring it up to normal and what is normal again?

Put a heating pad in the puppy's bed and set it on low. Make sure that you keep the cords secured so they cannot be chewed. A low temp can be a sign of many serious problems. Everything from parvo to shock to hypoglycemia. Feed the puppy warm food to help warm him/her from the inside, and yes, seek veterinary attention.