Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Snow Girl

As a special treat the dogs have gotten pig's skin froma pig roast before. They really enjoyed that but I dont do it often because A) I really go to pig roasts and B) its actually very salty

Right now the dogs are sniffing me because I just came home from a meeting at the restaraunt (so i smell like food)

What is the grossest thing your dog has eaten?

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Dafuq?

Terra eats poo. That's pretty gross. Loki tried to eat a dead, flat squirrel, but didn't get far.

Loki is on the couch again, tired out from play. Terra is working over a Nylabone in her crate.

How much does your dog weigh?

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Twin 2.0

Sawyer is 52 lbs and Virgo is a chunky 77lbs. She'll be losing at least five of that.

Virgo is curled up in her crate with the door open, fast asleep. Saywer is sprawled out on the run, also fast asleep.

Can your dog do backflips?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

no she can jump in the air and twist but no back flip

cuddled up on my feet

is your dog vocal?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

No. She's almost silent. When my mother came to visit, she remarked after a few days that Sarama is almost 'creepily' quiet. She can make noise, and has been known to yap and howl her misery if left alone in her crate (but only for about 15 minutes, then she gives up) but outside of that situation, she almost never makes a sound.

Eating a dried pig's heart

So be honest . . . are mixed breeds 'your thing' or do you only consider purebreds?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Snow Girl

I'm all up for either depending on what I am looking for in a dog. I'm even ine with intentionaly mixing breeds AS LONG AS there is a very specific and valid reason for it (ex, crossing dogo/pit/greyhound to create a better boar hunting dog)

Both dogs are having a good drink of water as we just came home from running errands downtown

How many different collars does your dog have?

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Husky Mom

Sindra has seven, and Jack has four. My mom's dogs that I'm taking care of? Dawson has three, Dottie has six, Arson has four, Jake has eight, and Charolette and a good 15 or 20, and she's only had Charolette for maybe six months now.

Sindra - sleeping in her whelping box, (glad she's gotten used to!) Jack - sleeping next to the whelping box, guarding Sindra. Dawson - standing at the front door watching the neighbour walk his two terriers. Charolette - watching TV with my neices and nephews on the couch. Jake - at my feet, drooling over a bone I got him. Dottie - chewing on her kong lying down while her brother sleeps next to her with his head on her back. Arson - sleeping on the floor next to Dottie whom I just said of what she is up to.

How many dogs have you owned in the past? What were their name & breed?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Snow Girl

None. Just Oceano and Ronan so far...

Ronan is grooming himself and OC is in his crate (door open) grabbing a quick drink

What is your pet peeve with your dog?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Top Dog

i am iron defecient so i'm cold ALL THE TIME. and in winter when i have even more reason to be cold she'll start out cuddled up under the blanket with me. and she'll end up wrapping her self up and steal my blankets from me

she's cuddled up to me

is there something really affectionate that your dog will do with just you?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

When she sleeps, Sarama sleeps under the bed, directly beneath me. She doesn't do that with my fiance. Also, I'm the only person she will curl up against and settle down.

Awaiting her walk, about to be surprised when I vanish for the day . . .first day of new job

What tricks have you taught your dog?